HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at the translucent 18 round mags with a jet funnel. Has anyone bought this setup and then decided to return back to no jet funnel and 15 round mags?

I see the steel lined 18 round mags are preferred, but if the translucent mags are reliable then I'll probably go with those if I do end up deciding to go the jet funnel route.

Running suppressed I'm wondering if the weight will help balance the gun out a bit too?

I like the asthetics of how the 15 round magazine sits against the indentation on the magwell , and I'm hoping the jet funnel in person looks like it fits flush and doesn't just look like an afterthought or have a mismatched finish compared to the color of the rest of the gun.

Help me with your opinions!

·
Registered
11 Posts
It seems like most people like the net funnel, but wanted to ask here since I don't see any recent threads on the topic.

I'm looking at the translucent mags with a jet funnel. Has anyone bought this setup and then decided to return back to no jet funnel and 15 round mags?

I see the steel lined 18 round mags are preferred, but if the translucent mags are reliable then I'll probably go with those if I do und up deciding to go the jet funnel route.

Running suppressed I'm wondering if the weight will help balance the gun out a bit too?

Help me with your opinions!
from an aesthetics standpoint... The USP is very cool looking

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
I decided against the jet funnel because it didn't seem worth the hassle and expense to get 3 additional rounds beyond the 15 in my mags.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided against the jet funnel because it didn't seem worth the hassle and expense to get 3 additional rounds beyond the 15 in my mags.
I found some 18 round mags and a jet funnel for a reasonable price. I don't mind the hassle. Really I'm just curious if people change their mind after purchasing it due to how it looks in person or some other reason. Thanks

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I like a JF on a USP. The grip feels better to me with it installed. The black 18 round mags are the most rugged mags I have ever seen for a pistol.

·
Registered
241 Posts

The finish on the jet funnel is the same as the base pad on the factory JF magazines. The black JF mag is a little longer & weighs a little more.
White JF Magazine = 129mm, 85.30g
Black JF Magazine = 132mm, 144.38g
I really like the way the Jet Funnel looks & feels. It does make reloads faster & you get a few more rounds.
I do like the black magazines more than the white. The black magazine doesn’t swell like the white ones.
I practice with the white ones, compete & carry with the black.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I bought a very lightly used USP Tactical 9 setup from a member. It came equipped with the jet funnel and translucent mags, upon reading H&K's recommendation again translucent's for serious use I removed the jet funnel even though I liked it, and bought a bunch of 15 rd blacks. Now we apparently have reliable 18rd blacks and I admit to wanting that jet funnel back.....good thing I never sold those parts. Better feel, especially for big hands, flared mag well, and 3 more rounds. Nothing not to like that I can tell, and in the LBT leg rig with the can mounted the edge of the jet funnel seems to offer a bit of protection to the actual grip frame/mag base when sitting down or in a seated position.

"I take that deal". - Lt. Aldo Ray

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought a jet funnel, tried it out, and then couldn’t decide between having it on or off. So i just bought a second USP. Problem solved- one has it on, one has it off! ;-) It is the HK way . . .

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I like the added weight and length, works well for my large hands since the USP 9mm/40sw frames are some what smaller than the USP .45, which fits very well. The added capacity is always a plus I think...1 vote for the Jet Funnel =)

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I like the added weight and length, works well for my large hands since the USP 9mm/40sw frames are some what smaller than the USP .45, which fits very well. The added capacity is always a plus I think...1 vote for the Jet Funnel =)
What he said... I had the same issue with large hands. That extra metal on the bottom of the mag gives my pinky i place to reset. Otherwise, I'd need the extended floor plates on the standard mags.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have jet funnels on both my USP Expert 9mm and USP40. I find the extra length it adds balances the pistol much better in my hand. Neither gun is used for duty or daily carry but I see no reason not to trust the translucent mags if needed.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don’t have large hands, medium thick hands and I love the Jet Funnel on my Custom Combat 40. It just feels right!

·
Registered
6 Posts
If you're going to carry it concealed, skip the Jet Funnel. If you're not going to carry it concealed, I say throw it on. The extended mags will work without the Jet Funnel and have an overinsertion stop built in.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
If you're going to carry it concealed, skip the Jet Funnel. If you're not going to carry it concealed, I say throw it on. The extended mags will work without the Jet Funnel and have an overinsertion stop built in.
If you’re big enough to conceal a full sized USP... adding a jet funnel is negligible and will stick out less than adding an “extended” mag.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts