HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm currently saving back $$$ for a new HK, and if I make it up to $2000-3000, I'll be getting one of these, but I can't decide. I know they have two different usages, but mine will be recreational, and won't be going past 100 yards, most likely 25 yards. Curious if anybody happens to be lucky enough to have both and could give me reasons to get one over the other. Thanks all

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Just go easy on yourself; get both! I've had my MR556 for a few months now, and was saving $$$ for a G36C conversion when I woke up one early Sunday morning and saw Joe's WTS ad for a D54P-F. Now my G36C plan is put on hold for a few more months. But I'm not complaining. :wink:

·
HK Shooting Team
2,809 Posts
Unless you have a sear or sbr plan I would favor the 556.....an mp5 pistol would get old fast .......:)

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
Do you want to shoot 9mm or 5.56mm would be the first question. The MP5/HK94 is a classic HK, while the MR556 is basically an enhanced piston AR. I'd look at the costs of things like ammo, accessories, and mags also.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Can't decide! MP5 or MR556????

So I'm currently saving back $$$ for a new HK, and if I make it up to $2000-3000...
Well, clearly... if you are struggling to come up with $2-3K the MP5 is way out of your league, since an MP5 is a dealer sample gun in full auto, unless you lucked into one of the very few transferable, ACTUAL MP5s that accidentally got mixed into the pot. And that puppy will most likely go for maybe $50K. IF you can locate one.

Or maybe you mean a converted HK-94 or clone... like a SW5, CA-89, etc. Point is... it's not an MP5.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The hairs have been officially split! Then again, I don't get bent outta shape if someone asks for a Kleenex or Windex and all I have is Facial Tissue and Glass Cleaner. :wink:

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Unless you have a sear or sbr plan I would favor the 556.....an mp5 pistol would get old fast .......:)
I agree, I favor my 556 although the NEXT time you get money saved up, you should go for the MP5 clone. I really enjoy both. If you do an MP5, I agree that it needs to be SBR'd (and tax stamped). An ACOG tops off the MR556 very nicely as well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes, i did mean HK94 type or clone, thought that was kinda a given there... anyways, thanks for the input all. i would be sbr-ing it if that's what i would get, but i dont really want to wait the time it takes to get it. i'm leaning towards the 556 now, especially if a few people are saying the mp5 CLONE gets old. i still have a little time to decide, but should have the funds by the end of the year for it. if i were to buy one today, i think it would be the 556. thanks again for the help

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Just go easy on yourself; get both! ..... I'm not complaining. :wink:
<<<THIS>>> . . . . both will be nearly in the same price range once you have it all accessorized, and both will have different purposes. By getting both you get variety and you should never get bored with either choice.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I could, I'd buy both, but my wife and I are getting our 1st baby this August through adoption (not cheap at all!) and I'm lucky to even be able to allocate funds for one of them. If I go for the mp5, it will definitely be the Dakota Tactical, but like I said earlier, I'm leaning towards the 556.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
MP5. Do yourself a favor. There are cheaper piston M4's that'll do the same thing. But the MP5 is THE premiere 9mm subgun.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm having ghillie build me a mp5 clone with a fake can and a stock, that way i can shoot it comfortably now and shorten the barrel after the sbr paperwork goes through. For me the decision between 556 and mp5 was made mainly by the fact that the mp5 is much cheaper to shoot, and the local range(no 556 or 223 allowed) is 20 minutes from my house and work. I also have a ump in 9mm, and i have had much more trigger time with it than my rra ar-15 mainly due to convience.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
The hairs have been officially split! Then again, I don't get bent outta shape if someone asks for a Kleenex or Windex and all I have is Facial Tissue and Glass Cleaner. :wink:
Nahhh, not really. If you had the cash and someone came up to you and said he had a brand new, in the box M-16 for $15K. What would you be expecting? An M-16A1, A2? or a REAL M-16? (which was only manufactured for two years and are almost impossible to find?) If he said M-16 NIB for $15K, thats what would trip my trigger. I don't have one of those. I had an A1, I had an A2, I had a 614... but NOBODY I know has an original M-16... and for only $15K??? I'd pimp the ol' lady off, sell blood, sperm, etc to get that ... and unfired? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

And then the dork shows up with a nib converted AR SP1.... (sigh). Kinda get my drift?

What you say is supposed to matter... like the term "reweld". Always used in describing MGs that were destroyed... except none of them were welded in the first place. How did it get RE-welded? Was it destroyed, then welded up, then destroyed AGAIN to be finally RE-WELDED? No... of course not. We have lost the ability to communicate.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Nahhh, not really. If you had the cash and someone came up to you and said he had a brand new, in the box M-16 for $15K. What would you be expecting? An M-16A1, A2? or a REAL M-16? (which was only manufactured for two years and are almost impossible to find?) If he said M-16 NIB for $15K, thats what would trip my trigger. I don't have one of those. I had an A1, I had an A2, I had a 614... but NOBODY I know has an original M-16... and for only $15K??? I'd pimp the ol' lady off, sell blood, sperm, etc to get that ... and unfired? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

And then the dork shows up with a nib converted AR SP1.... (sigh). Kinda get my drift?

What you say is supposed to matter... like the term "reweld". Always used in describing MGs that were destroyed... except none of them were welded in the first place. How did it get RE-welded? Was it destroyed, then welded up, then destroyed AGAIN to be finally RE-WELDED? No... of course not. We have lost the ability to communicate.
I havent been here long... but I can already tell- I like you. Say what you mean and mean what you say. As it should be! :100000:

·
Registered
926 Posts
My HK's are loved, however a child will bring you and your wife more joy then you can imagine. And some headaches too. Enjoy the baby and congratulations. You will always be able to purchase an HK. It may just cost you a little more money. Have fun with the baby.

Good luck,

Sean

1 - 18 of 18 Posts