HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have P2000SK .40 LEM that I love, shoot well, and carry daily. After selling off two Glocks, the SK is my only handgun and I'm ready to add a companion. I like the idea of having a second SK for backup in case of breakage and being able to use my existing holsters. Same goes for a P2000 but it seems really hard to find it in LEM .40. But it would give me the same platform with a little more versatility. I also LOVE the 45c but not sure if I want to deal with the logistics and cost of stock .40 and .45 and two different mags. The P30 seems really nice too but I'm hesitant to stray too far from the ergos and characteristics of my EDC SK.

I'm all over the place. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
818 Posts
It seems pretty obvious, at least to me, from reading your post that you really want a second P2000 SK. They are great pistols, go for it. :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I have P2000SK .40 LEM that I love, shoot well, and carry daily. After selling off two Glocks, the SK is my only handgun and I'm ready to add a companion. I like the idea of having a second SK for backup in case of breakage and being able to use my existing holsters. Same goes for a P2000 but it seems really hard to find it in LEM .40. But it would give me the same platform with a little more versatility. I also LOVE the 45c but not sure if I want to deal with the logistics and cost of stock .40 and .45 and two different mags. The P30 seems really nice too but I'm hesitant to stray too far from the ergos and characteristics of my EDC SK.

Just don't outfit your HK45c with the same amount of ammo, mags, and accesories as your P2ksk. Fortunately if you did carry a WML they would both fit on the HK45c and the P2ksk. I used to have the same problem... I wanted a certain gun (Glock) in a certain caliber but I just wanted it because I liked the hardware and didn't really want to outfirt if like my HK's... So I didn't.

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
Another SK, and a P2000 in 40. You will be able to find the LEM if you have money sacked away and wait. If you like the P2000 series, and love the 40, then stick with that. There is no rules anywhere that say you have to have multiple calibers. Plus, you need to rely on yourself for ammo, so stock that stuff to the roof. It is waaaaay cheaper stocking one caliber for a pistol. I am stocking 9mm, and 45acp. And my rifle rounds are 5.56x45, 7.62x39, and 7.62x51/.308. Not to mention 12ga shells. So......I feel the pain there. If you find one caliber you like, all the power to you. You are a smarter man than I.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you like the P2000SK LEM in .40 then get a P30 LEM in .40 so you will have a sub compact and a full sized pistol in the same caliber/trigger configuration, and you would be able to use the P30’s magazines in the SK in a pinch.

·
Registered
363 Posts
If you have the money and would be so inclined,
Option #1. Top Gun Supply has the P2000 in .40 DA/SA available and ready to ship for 799, and then you order the universal LEM kit from HKParts.net for 79.99 and install it, you would be all in for around 900 plus your local FFL costs. Not the cheapest route, but you could have it the way you want by the end of the week
Option #2. Heckler & Koch P2000 .40 S&W : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
Option#3. Heckler & Koch HK P2000 .357 Sig 357 DAO : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com & get a .40 barrel
Option #4. HK H&K Heckler & Koch P2000 40S&W : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com This one doesnt say if V1 or 3
Or wait for one to show up in the Pistols for sale section. Just trying to help be an enabler!!!!

·
Registered
1,343 Posts

HK's BREAK? I NEVER KNEW THAT:)

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
Got a question. Do you feel like you shoot "enough" to justify a "backup?" If you've got the extra cash, how about buying more ammo and perhaps taking a class? Invest in yourself and not more firearms. Just my .02.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for all the suggestions. I think at this point, I'll probably look for another SK or a 45c. If I find a decent P2000, that would also work, but I'm not really up for searching the world over for it and still having to do the LEM conversion. Thank Chango for providing all those links. The Top Gun Supply idea is definitely a good one. I'm going to hit a few of my LGS today and see what I can find locally first.

gtmtnbiker98, definitely valid advice. I shoot fairly often, already have 1000 rounds stocked up, just took a tactical pistol course and have a second one lined up for July. I just like the idea of having more than one gun, should SHTF or my main gun goes out of commission for whatever silly reason. (PS: Random question, did you go to RIT? I knew a guy that used a handle similar to yours.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts