HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just won a gunbroker auction for a NIB USPc 45 LEM, it only comes with 2 magazines and no night sights. All the other HKs I have bought were the LE setup with 3 mags and night sights, so I am not sure what the going price should have been for this, but I feel like I did ok. I want to add after market sights so night sights werent something I wanted to pay extra for. The price was $650.00 plus shipping (still waiting on the shipping charge).

What do you think?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Its an OK price. Nothing to write home about but a decent price. This is roughly what CDNN sells them for NIB also.
Just so you know, guns leaving HK bound for civilian sales only have two mags. LEO bound guns have 3. However, it is very common for once bound LEO guns to wind up on the civilian market from the big distributors such as Accusport, Elliot Brothers, or RSR.
Night sights are not standard on any HK but are extras the buyer (or distributor) adds on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just ordered a USP Compact .45 w/3 mags & night sights for 795.00. This would be my first H&k pistol also.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its an OK price. Nothing to write home about but a decent price. This is roughly what CDNN sells them for NIB also.
Just so you know, guns leaving HK bound for civilian sales only have two mags. LEO bound guns have 3. However, it is very common for once bound LEO guns to wind up on the civilian market from the big distributors such as Accusport, Elliot Brothers, or RSR.
Night sights are not standard on any HK but are extras the buyer (or distributor) adds on.
IDamn, heard that CDNN doesnt sell LEM USPs, I looked at clydes but their price was over 100 more at $765.00...althought it did include the factory night sights and third mag. I just didnt want to pay more for night sights I wasnt planning on using.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
My fault. That is for the V1 USPC .45. I didn't catch the LEM part. LEM is about a $50 option so you did pretty good. OK for a V1 but for the LEM I'd say you did a bit better.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My fault. That is for the V1 USPC .45. I didn't catch the LEM part. LEM is about a $50 option so you did pretty good. OK for a V1 but for the LEM I'd say you did a bit better.
Since I have your attention, do you recall what year they updated the firing pin design on the usp series, thats the one thing that would make me back out on this deal. This may be an AE date code (still waiting on comfirmation), but I think I recall AF being the date they started shipping the updated design, that sound about right?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
You did good. For some reason, LEM triggers on USPs are getting few and far between.

CDNN DID sell LEM-equipped USPcs; that's where I got mine. They haven't had any in quite some time. According to Travis, ALL USPs arrive at HK from Germany as V1s. The other variants are "converted" in Trussville on an as-ordered basis.

Night sights are easy to install. Unless you are a total klutz, you can do it your self.

Enjoy your new pistol; it is a real gem.

Just one favor to ask... please, PLEASE, don't ask about fitting a safety lever to it!

(Inside joke) ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You did good. For some reason, LEM triggers on USPs are getting few and far between.

CDNN DID sell LEM-equipped USPcs; that's where I got mine. They haven't had any in quite some time. According to Travis, ALL USPs arrive at HK from Germany as V1s. The other variants are "converted" in Trussville on an as-ordered basis.

Night sights are easy to install. Unless you are a total klutz, you can do it your self.

Enjoy your new pistol; it is a real gem.

Just one favor to ask... please, PLEASE, don't ask about fitting a safety lever to it!

(Inside joke) ;)

dont worry all my other hk's (only 2) are LEM.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohwell the date code did turn out to be AE, and I really wanted to go with the new design. I just ordered an AG date code from Clydes for 779 shipped with 3 mags and night sights, I will still be ordering the after market night sights and I'll try to sell the factory sights hopefully.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Don't worry about it. Almost all of mine are AA or AB with a couple of AC and AEs thrown in. I have over 11K shot rounds through my carry USPC .45 and many times that many dry fired and I have yet to break a firing pin. IMO the fining pin breakage thing was WAY blown out of proportion. Regardless of when it was made, 93 or yesterday, IMO it is a wise man who uses snap caps when dry firing. You use a good snap cap like A-Zoom and I bet you dollars to doughnuts you won't break a firing pin either.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't worry about it. Almost all of mine are AA or AB with a couple of AC and AEs thrown in. I have over 11K shot rounds through my carry USPC .45 and many times that many dry fired and I have yet to break a firing pin. IMO the fining pin breakage thing was WAY blown out of proportion. Regardless of when it was made, 93 or yesterday, IMO it is a wise man who uses snap caps when dry firing. You use a good snap cap like A-Zoom and I bet you dollars to doughnuts you won't break a firing pin either.
Well I may be giving this one a run for its money, since I had to cancel my current plans to attend blackwater tac 1 course this year due to physical injury, I am talking to them about scheduling back to back tac 1 and tac 2 courses next year, so thats 5k rounds in 10 days. :71:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well I may be giving this one a run for its money, since I had to cancel my current plans to attend blackwater tac 1 course this year due to physical injury, I am talking to them about scheduling back to back tac 1 and tac 2 courses next year, so thats 5k rounds in 10 days. :71:
Iam going to the BW High risk op course on Oct 13th.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Iam going to the BW High risk op course on Oct 13th.
Im sure that will be an amazing course, my skills are not up to the task for that course, nor am I going overseas, but the course itself looks like a great learning experience for someone who is in the private sector and shipping out soon.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Im sure that will be an amazing course, my skills are not up to the task for that course, nor am I going overseas, but the course itself looks like a great learning experience for someone who is in the private sector and shipping out soon.
I will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not bad, not bad...unless the guy hikes up the shipping.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts