HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hilton is out of 10-8s. And I can't find anything anywhere. I use a plain black rear with a white dot tritium insert front. Once I had a place, can't remember who, to machine off the back of the stock rear sight serrate it and paint it black. I can't remember who I got the front from either,,,,,,,,,,lol CRAFT. Will someone please help the old man out? Oh, I do remember Hilton telling me that the XS standard front would work with the 10-8 rear. That's a lot of help if there's no 10-8s in stock.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hello ergon, you may want to give Novak's a call and let them know what you are looking for. Their number is 304-485-9295 I hope this helps you out. I have had a lot of work done by Novak's and have been very pleased with their quality. For my oldish eyes, a plain wide notch rear sight coupled with a gold bead front and/ or night sight has worked wonders. They are all a good bunch of guys and I am certain they will be able to help you out.
Good shooting & God bless,
Battista

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
If you have older eyes just wait a couple weeks till the trijicon hd's come out. If not, look no further than hkparts.net, they should have just about every sight made for the p30

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, to reply to both of you. I called Wayne but got one of the other guys. He said they didn't have anything for the P30. I also called Trijicon about something for the P30. I'll have to check out HKparts.net.

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you choose to call again ask for Wayne. They have modified existing, e.g. Non Novak sights, for me by widening the rear notch and placing a gold bead in the front sight. I am sure Wayne will be sympathetic to your situation; after all, none of us is getting any younger.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you choose to call again ask for Wayne. They have modified existing, e.g. Non Novak sights, for me by widening the rear notch and placing a gold bead in the front sight. I am sure Wayne will be sympathetic to your situation; after all, none of us is getting any younger.
Just happens that Wayne is an old, old friend of mine. I called him this afternoon (I just read your post. lol). I ask him if he would mill the back off the stock rear sight and serrate it and put a white dot with a tritium insert? He told me to just send the slide since he was going to use my stock sights. Made me feel good when he said not to worry about it after all the business I'd sent him over the years. In a side note, he said Bill (Wilson) was starting to build plain black rear sights too. I wish I had the 45's back that these guys built or worked on for me over the years.

Thanks everyone
Erich

·
Registered
417 Posts
Glad to hear that. Wayne has been like a brother to me for years. In fact, it was Wayne that introduced me to the P7. He truley is one of the good guys out there.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Hilton is out of 10-8s. And I can't find anything anywhere. I use a plain black rear with a white dot tritium insert front. Once I had a place, can't remember who, to machine off the back of the stock rear sight serrate it and paint it black. I can't remember who I got the front from either,,,,,,,,,,lol CRAFT. Will someone please help the old man out? Oh, I do remember Hilton telling me that the XS standard front would work with the 10-8 rear. That's a lot of help if there's no 10-8s in stock.
I got my P30 NS at HKPart.net
HK P30 - Sights - HKPARTS.NET

Heinie, XS Big Dot, Meprolight

·
Registered
256 Posts
last time i talked to trijicon, several several months ago, they said they had no plans of offering the hd sights for the p30. i really hope they become available, i had them on a sig p228 and loved them

edit: just saw they have trijicons available now, will have to pick some up

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is exactly what I am having Novak do to my 1911A1, except I am going with brass bead. I should have it back in a week or two. I'm still looking for the best sight package for my aging eyes. I am leary of the fiber optic since I have heard they are somewhat delicate.

Hello ergon, you may want to give Novak's a call and let them know what you are looking for. Their number is 304-485-9295 I hope this helps you out. I have had a lot of work done by Novak's and have been very pleased with their quality. For my oldish eyes, a plain wide notch rear sight coupled with a gold bead front and/ or night sight has worked wonders. They are all a good bunch of guys and I am certain they will be able to help you out.
Good shooting & God bless,
Battista

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
The X/S Standard front and 10-8 DOES NOT WORK with the P30, HK45 series. I begged Hilton to make the rear work with the X/S front, but he went with the stock front. I tried the std. dot with the 10-8's and they shoot very high. In the past the X/S's have worked on some of the Glock stuff (my X/S 10-8 rear still shoots high, and I will be going back to a 10-8 front).

Now with that said, I have so far been really happy with the 10-8 rear and stock front as a simple conversion that works. I was getting solid hits at 50 yards consistently with that set up on both my P30 and my Hk45's.

I will be trying the Trijicon HK HD's on one of my 45C's when they come out.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Handyandy, I have a set of Novak wide notch plain black rear and a Novak fiber optic front sight on a G19. I have carried and shot this gun sight combo for years and have not had any issues of course ymmv. I am very happy with Wayne's fiber optic sights because if the fiber optic front sight does break and fall completely you still have the black metal post that acts as a sort of post/ghost ring front sight. I went with the green fiber optic sight and I love it. Just in case the fiber optic were to break I bought some white sight paint and, after taping the fiber optic tube, painted the metal part of the front sight white. This have given my older eyes a nice clear contrast from back to front sight. So much so that I shoot that G19 w/o reading glasses.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Breaking news from 10-8, their rear sight for the HK45 / P30 is back in stock. I just ordered two for my pair of P30L's. Now I just need to decide on the front to match, probably the Dawson with tritium unless anyone has a better suggestion. I would love a front with built-in colored ring like Ameriglo Pro but some orange paint on the Dawson is not a bad option.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
10-8's are in STOCK.

Ordered mine. Can't wait to get it and have it installed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts