HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a USP 45 and am using a B&J PI500 sight pusher to replace the sights. The rear sight was not a problem, but this darn front sight is tough. The sight won't slide in. Do I need to file away some of the sight so it will fit in the dovetail?

any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
File the short side of the front sight, front or rear, doesn't matter. It is best to use a Brownell's dovetail triangle file which has one cutting side and is safe on two sides. That way you only cut the side of the sight's dovetail instead of the top. Keep the same angle as it is and only remove a little then try again. What I like to do is remove the bluing with the file, try, blacken the bare metal with a Sharpie, remove the black again with the file, try fitting again... MMC sights are oversized so it is not uncommon for new sights to need fitting. NEVER, EVER, under ANY circumstances should one file the slide's dovetail.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Good idea but DO NOT USE PENCILS made by China. They might have "lead" in them. ;)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Good idea but DO NOT USE PENCILS made by China. They might have "lead" in them. ;)
ROFL BB

+1 use a black sharpie marker, and only remove a bit at a time. This worked very well when i put my LPA target sights on my mark23. Only take a bit off at a time, its better to spend an hour or 2 slowly fitting the sights, than 2 more weeks waiting for another set! (and it probly wont take 2 hours)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts