HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I am a 1911 guy and moving to the USPC 9MM for carry. Should I be aware of any safety concerns carting this pistol cocked and locked. Have only carried this way with grip safeties. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
No concerns, it is perfectly safe and designed to be carried that way if the end-user so desires. That being said, you can also convert the pistol with an $8 part so that it is safety-only with no de-cocker, effectively similar to a 1911.

·
Registered
70 Posts
As much as I love the 1911 platform I wanted greater capacity and reliability.

Can't fault you there. I have never shot a USP C 9mm, and it is very high on my list right now. Can you compare it to the full size? Is the slide the same thickness, or is it a drop slimmer?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No worries carrying Cond-1.
My USP9c is my double-stack rotation/backup of my WC-9/Compact-4. As with any, ascertain the safety is compatible with your holster.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't fault you there. I have never shot a USP C 9mm, and it is very high on my list right now. Can you compare it to the full size? Is the slide the same thickness, or is it a drop slimmer?
Safety and slide releases are downsized. Otherwise similar.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Carry it condition 0 if you want. Still safer than a Glock or Series 70 1911.

If you do go condition 1, make sure the less ergonomic USP safety is as reliable for you as a 1911.

·
Some gun guy
282 Posts
I frequently carried a USP9c in condition 1 for some time. I've taken my USPs apart many times. I get how the parts work enough to know that it's totally safe to do so.

Then I started to not use the safety, so carrying condition 0. Did that for a while. Still no worry.

Now that USP9c is converted to LEM w/o safety lever, so it's always condition 0 when I carry. Still not worried. Removed the control lever to slim it down a bit. Still no worries.

Most of the time nowadays I carry a P365XL because of it's small size, but USP9c is still in the roster, still carried condition 0. Carry with confidence.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I sometimes carry a USP 40 and both my IWB and OWB holster have a indentation so I can carry the USP with hammer back and safety on. Never a problem with this configuration but now I am carrying a VP9. For hiking I still carry my USP 40 and take both my HK pistols to the range and practice with both.

·
Registered
P30L I VP9SK
64 Posts
Safe, as long as you have good finger\trigger discipline when unholstering and reholstering your gun. Additionally, your holster needs to be tight enough and make sure it fully covers the trigger guard so nothing can get stuck in there. I have read to watch out for drawstrings on pants.

·
Needs Therapy
700 Posts
The USP full size hammer is bobbed, the compact is not. You can't use the hammer to cock the USPC once decocked or if hammer is down.

·
Premium Member
2,666 Posts
I mean, isn't is perfectly possible to just swap in a spurred hammer onto the USP-C? IIRC it uses the same hammer as the USP?
Yes. I've done it.

Reactions: RetropM
1 - 19 of 19 Posts