HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Either will withstand salt water they're built "HK" tough can withstand all that just make sure you give it a good clean and lube when you get back. If I had to choose between the two hk45c all the way. Just a personal preference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think a USP with a stainless slide would be ideal. I think they have discontinued them, but they are readily available and obviously with the polymer stainless combination you are giving yourself the dest defense against the salty elements your gun will be subjected to. I would keep it well oiled and clean it upon return to dry land, but I cant imagine a much better HK H2O carry gun.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
You can carry your HK out on the boat. The best product for anti-corrosion is Eezox. Do a web search and you should be able to find several real-life tests that have been done comparing it to about 5 or 6 of the most popular gun products. It really does a GREAT job in that application. Use it only on the metal parts. Don't slather it on the plastic, as it's not meant for that.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I've heard of tupperware guns, but you want a tupperware holster ? I've never seen a "water tight" holster before.

I'm thinking zip lock bag plus a generic ballistic nylon holster. Or maybe you can saran wrap the gun before holstering ?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
My P30L is Melonite treated and I think it has more of a stained hue to it at the end of a long restful day on the Ocean than any of my other Hk's. It's also a bit more glossy in appearance so it looks thinner. None of them have ever have rust on them except maybe on the sights. Unless you're spending weeks at a time or completely neglect a pistol around the salt water, I don't ever see it being an issue.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I've spent the last two months on the water almost everyday. My P2000SK is fine. I keep it in a fanny pack with my phone and car keys attached so I can easily dump it in the boat when going in the water.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've heard of tupperware guns, but you want a tupperware holster ? I've never seen a "water tight" holster before.

I'm thinking zip lock bag plus a generic ballistic nylon holster. Or maybe you can saran wrap the gun before holstering ?
No, that's what I do now...mostly just out of fear that my gun is going to rust. Looks like that fear is totally unjustified, so will probably carry my P30 out there for now until I get my 45c. My normal carry is a P7 PSP, but will likely not take that out there.

It seems like I'm always getting wet and muddy when out there (I typically fish in the marshes here), and usually get out and wade a little.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.