HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I'm a bit new to firearms in general. This is my first gun and I've had it for a few months, no issues yet. Fired Blazer, Federal, Remington through this gun with no issue at all.

Just got back from the range and began cleaning my USPc 9mm. Shot about 225 rounds of Winchester White box 115gr FMJ with no operational issues. Pulled the slide off, and there was some brass-looking fragments all over the inside. I noticed little casing or bullet frags all over the inside of the mag well, detent, trigger assembly, hammer, etc. basically everywhere. What can cause this?

The only thing I've done different is the WWB ammo (and shoot decent groups haha!). Has anyone else seen this? Dirty ammo? Extractor? Should I tear it completely down and clean all of it out? Overreacting? Thanks for the help guys!

PS. Held a P7 at the range. A little rough for the asking price, but definitely the next investment.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ammo is dirty, some more than others. Not exactly sure what the cause is of the yellow stuff but I don't believe it's anything to worry about.

Just clean it normally.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I chalk it up to dirty ammo. Always got this with Winchester White box and Ranger NATO 9mm. Switched to Aguilla (9mm and .45) and haven't seen this mess since.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I've had that weird yellow earwax kinda stuff from ammo before. Mainly Prvi Partizan. Never from any other brand.

I decided to sell off my remaining few hundred rounds of PP. I didn't know what it was, or any ramifications it had, so I didn't care to keep it around. Nor do I want to excessively gunk up my piece with anything if cleaner ammo can be had.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts