HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've usually used the ridiculously expensive German rivets to put on the case deflector. But I fear that over time the rivets will come loose.

This build I was considering welding in the rivets. The rivets from LSC are some kind of semi tubular rivet that doesnt match the gauge or swell of the case deflector (dont get me started on the sling rivets).

Any advice for welding the case deflector into the receiver? Do I use the supplied rivets and weld on the interior of the shell deflector?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here's what I did:

Put the rivet into a drill, spin at high speed and use a file to shape it into the size and shape you want.

Place the rivet on case deflector and receiver, use a needle nose vice grip to hold the assembly, then TIG weld from the back side.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's what I did:

Put the rivet into a drill, spin at high speed and use a file to shape it into the size and shape you want.

Place the rivet on case deflector and receiver, use a needle nose vice grip to hold the assembly, then TIG weld from the back side.

Hope this helps.
By the back side, do you mean the countersunk deflector side? Or the receiver side?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts