HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on this one? Something that will hold both the huge .45 Mags and 9mm Mags would be great!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I like the 33" TAC-FORCE discrete case, however, I haven't found a way to hold the mag properly yet. The front pouch is velcro lined so I just strap em down. As always YMMV. Jeff

·
Registered
39 Posts
pelican 1700 series is awesome and you can have the foam custom cut to your shapes and specs, or do it yourself, it's waterproof and the miltary testing that they pass it through seems pretty rigorous. the pelican website gives really detailed info, i'd check it out and see what you think.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I have an Assault Systems soft case that I use. It's got a middle divider, so I use it to take my AR15 (16" barrel) and the USC (16"). It's got enough room to take a bunch of mags. Other tools go in my range bag.

·
Registered
172 Posts
pelican 1700 series is awesome and you can have the foam custom cut to your shapes and specs, or do it yourself, it's waterproof and the miltary testing that they pass it through seems pretty rigorous.
I second the Pelican. I got a Pelican 1720 for mine and I really couldn't be happier. Here's a pic of the finished setup:

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/2172/dsc00384qf2.jpg

I cut the foam out myself with a very sharp knife.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
The Pelican or Storm cases are first class solutions, I just don't like the weight of a hard case. I have a couple and I hardly use em. Hence, my choice for a softcase. As always YMMV. Jeff

·
Registered
172 Posts
side note how do you like the EOtech on the USC? can you see the front sight? thanks.
I like it a lot, it's very easy to use and I can hit a grapefruit at 25 yards consistently. It's actually pretty high on the gun, it clears the front and rear sights easily. But that also means you can't really rest your cheek on the stock to shoot it either, you're pretty much free-heading it.

My only gripe is that the top rail seems to work itself a little loose after repeated shooting, so I'm going to slide the Eotech back just enough to expose that front screw so that it's easier to tighten.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the pelican but I also want a smaller case that I can use with the stock folded just to keep it semi-inconspicuous.

On the EOTech note, I bought one last night and LOVE it! But as Jimmybuffett said during my first outing with my 9mm USC/UMP my front right and top optics rails both came loose. I'm going to use some Loctite on the threads which should resolve the issue without question, Jimmy you may want to try that as well :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts