HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was starting to clean my 556 from last range day and noticed the stock and nut was loose, upon further inspection I noticed it wasn't staked. My lgs did the install of my slap plate, did he forget to stake it or is it not deemed necessary. He is an HK armorer so I figured he would do it right . Do I have a gripe. I knew I should have bought that wrench .

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a search and it seems they staked the 416 but nothing with the 556, is it an understood requirement it should be staked?

·
Registered
518 Posts
I did a search and it seems they staked the 416 but nothing with the 556, is it an understood requirement it should be staked?
Yes, it should have been staked, it is an understood requirement for quality AR's, and Hk stakes the castle nut on their 416 and MR556 rifles.

·
Vendor
8,218 Posts
While I know of many who do not with thier AR-platform firearms, it is recommened by HK that the nut be tightened to 60Nm which is approx 44 ft-lbs and the nut be staked. It is possible that they did not tighten it enough as well as even without staking, you'd have to be very aggressive with it to come loose.

·
Banned
879 Posts
Great,....another thing for the guys at M4C to bitch about........ ;-)

·
Banned
879 Posts
Nah, they're probably still fappin' away about folks cuttin' up swaged barrels...even though some of their heavy hitters (M4Guru, LAV) say it probably don't matter.
Yea, like WTF do those guys know.

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
My MR556 is properly staked, but HK did a piss-poor job on my MR762. It has a stake mark on the end plate, but it's to shallow and too far away from the edge to push out any metal and prevent the nut from rotating. It's effectively not staked at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.