HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to www.ccfa.com and saw the note...

The maker of one of my favorite HK USP Tactical add-on (Impuls IIA) is going out of business as of the first of the year.

Larry is a really stand-up guy, and a great source of information about all things gun (not just HK) and, unless this is his retirement, it is a shame to see him go.

Anyone know what happened?

Moment of silence,

Mike

·
1,204 Posts
He's just shifting focus onto his metal frames for Glocks, that's all.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
He's just shifting focus onto his metal frames for Glocks, that's all.
Yep. I have recently seen the metal frames and they are pretty nice. They actually make the glock feel pretty good :).

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yep. I have recently seen the metal frames and they are pretty nice. They actually make the glock feel pretty good :).
So far the competition shooters have mixed reviews since a few have already cracked the frames.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Given the absolutely piss-poor dealings I had with him I am amazed he stayed in business as long as he has. He won't be missed by me.

SCL

·
Registered
58 Posts
last night I ordered one of the FH and a dummy suppressor. I hope I got the order in before the claimed end of year closing of the HK line of products.
Has onyone tried one of the dummy suppressors? Do they dis-assemble? And last can the weapon be fired with it installed?
Thanks, Alan

·
Registered
104 Posts
Given the absolutely piss-poor dealings I had with him I am amazed he stayed in business as long as he has. He won't be missed by me.

SCL
can you give details? not to burn his rep, i'm just interested in purchasing and would like to avoid an uneccessary situation

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you order a couple pare baffles for his Impulse suppressors for spare parts to keep them running into the future? Is it legal to do so i.e. one or 2 spares?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
can you give details? not to burn his rep, i'm just interested in purchasing and would like to avoid an uneccessary situation
Just read his Terms Of Sale and ask yourself do you really want to do business with someone like this?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
In all fairness, most "Terms of Sale" contracts are scary as hell. Like have you ever read the small print when you take your car to an auto shop? It says that they can knock the car off the lift and not be responsible for damages to your vehicle. And since you sign that paper before they work on it...

The terms of sale contracts are a cover-your-own-ass document to the company selling the item. It allows them to do business at their own discretion. Which can be bad, and which can be good and fair.

My experiences with CCF have been nothing but positive on the items I had a problem with. Including the return and exchange of "close out items".

Others have had different experiences. Hopefully they can chime in and share their dealings with CCF. I won't speak for them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
To make a long story short, I bought a very expensive sniper rifle from him; it was advertised in excellent condition and with extras including scope mount, very good condition hard case, parker hale bipod, etc. The rifle arrived in poorer condition than advertised, missing the parker hale bipod, and the transit case had been beaten all to hell, while the outer carboard shipping box was pristine.

I opted to not worry that much about the transit case, but I called Larry on the bipod - which is a $250 - $300 accessory. He stated that even though he said he had one, he would not ship me one since he had "discounted the price of the rifle enough" and could not lose any more money by shipping me a bipod, even though he had stated verbally and in written correspondence that the bipod was included.

When confronted about the rifle and case he stated something to effect that he had thought they were in better shape when we were negotiating the deal. When I returned the rifle (at my cost even though he had misrepresented the merchandise) he tried to stiff me with a $100 charge to repair one of the latches on the transit case - a latch that arrived to me broken.

Botom line - Larry lies to customers and will not live up to his promises -ergo he has no honor and should be avoided IMHO.

Just my experience - I have heard similar stories from others, but to be fair, I have also heard good things from a few of his customers as well. Caveat Emptor, but there are several trustworthy and honorable sellers in the marketplace who deserve your business a lot more compared to CCF.

SCL

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
He was always nice to me. I bought my CCF USP O-ring barrel for my EVO-9 suppressor and it is a great barrel, accurate, fits perfectly etc.

Plus when I had questions he talked to me on the phone for like an hour and answered all of them.

Hes cool on my list.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have had several dealings with Larry over the past 8 years including 2 supressors and one of those aluminum MK23 cases. He has always been honest, informative, and every transaction was as promised and on time (on time seems to be rare in the NFA world). Excellent quality, excellent service. In addition, he saved my ass when I asked him some advice on purchasing a sear from a particular party. Never met him, but would never hesitate to do business with him. Brian

·
Registered
51 Posts
CCF

I have had several dealings with Larry over the past 8 years including 2 supressors and one of those aluminum MK23 cases. He has always been honest, informative, and every transaction was as promised and on time (on time seems to be rare in the NFA world). Excellent quality, excellent service. In addition, he saved my ass when I asked him some advice on purchasing a sear from a particular party. Never met him, but would never hesitate to do business with him. Brian
I bought a can for my MK23 from him. Great product and service. No complaints

·
Registered
104 Posts
thanks for the intel, it never hurts to test the waters before jumping in.

How bad could the Impuls II be if it's endorsed by HK...just a thought.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Spare can parts

Can you order a couple pare baffles for his Impulse suppressors for spare parts to keep them running into the future? Is it legal to do so i.e. one or 2 spares?
No. Baffles are classified by ATF as surpressors.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts