HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just pick up a HK P2000SK 40cal. LEM which I am attempting to find a holster to CC. I currently carry a USP 40 compact LEM with a OWB holster. Not much on the concealment so how much difference is there going to be between a OWB vs IWB as far as being noticeable? Thanks for any insight.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I used to carry OWB but now only carry IWB. Finding the right holster has a lot to do with it.
My favorite is the Milt Sparks VM-II IWB holster. Outstanding quality and fit.
The wait time is about 6 months or new orders, but here is one on ebay that is made for the HK P2000 SK.
The price on the new VM-II is aprox $140 - $150 shipped to your door after the 6 month wait.

HK H&K Heckler Koch P2000 P2000SK Milt Sparks VMII VM-2 Holster | eBay

I also like the Mikes Special IWB holster from TTGunleather. Fantastic quality as well, and the wait time is aprox 3 months on orders.
The Crossbreed SuperTuck is another great holster. Wait time is about 4 - 6 weeks.

·
Registered
794 Posts
There is a huge difference in concealment between IWB and OWB. That being said, concealment is an art all to itself that must be learned. You will go through many holsters before finding the right ones. A holster that works very well for one person may not work well at all for you. Learn to buy clothes with concealment in mind. I cannot stress enough that a real, double thickness gun belt is more important than the holster and the foundation of CCW. I highly recommend a double thickness horse hide belt. Bill

·
Registered
44 Posts
. Just got this holster for the p2000sk from occidental leather. Its a stronghold iwb/owb convertible holster. You can remove the belt loops and your ready for owb. It was $120 and at my door step in under 2 weeks. You can order them through tt gunleathers website.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have bought and eventually sold probably close to a 100 various holsters for different guns. I think most everyone has a "holster drawer". I thin mine out about once a year. I have tried about every OWB made. I have never felt comfortable using any of them. And I mean comfortable from a concealment aspect, not really comfortable carrying. I do have a couple but rarely use them.

IWB does take a little to get used to. But when you do, it's all you will be able to use. I recommend trying a Theis Holster, Crossbreed, or Comp-Tac for your first. I use and have used all of them. I have found nothing better for 3-4:00 IWB. There are other great IWB holsters such as the Milt Sparks mentioned earlier. But I have to keep my shirt tucked in most all the time, so these don't work for me.

Recently I converted to AIWB and that is the only way I carry now. Every person is different. I have read reviews that people have done on holsters that they loved. I have used the same holsters and hated them. The sad but true fact is that the only way you will know what works for you is to try them. I recommend looking frequently at gun forum classifieds for used holsters to try. I have bought MANY this way. Atleast this way you can try them, and if you don't like them you can always sell them and get most if not all your money back. Every holster I have bought this way has looked new. Most people buy them and maybe wear once or twice and then decide they don't like them. My advise is to give any holster a little more time. Some of my favorite holsters still took me a couple weeks to find the sweet spot and get the cant and whatever other adjustments to my liking.

I hope this helps somewhat and good luck on your quest.

·
Registered
881 Posts
. Just got this holster for the p2000sk from occidental leather. Its a stronghold iwb/owb convertible holster. You can remove the belt loops and your ready for owb. It was $120 and at my door step in under 2 weeks. You can order them through tt gunleathers website.
Thanks for the link. I just ordered one for my p7 while waiting for the vm-II for my P7 to arrive in 4 months.

·
Registered
30 Posts
For the most part, IWB carry is much better at concealing a handgun than OWB. There are so many variables at play including the particular gun and body type, that play a huge role in what works for each person. I think body type has a lot to do with what works. If you cut yourself in two at your belt line, your body would be shaped in a few different ways. You could be a circle, on oval or a flat oval. People with a rounder shape can wear a gun at the 3:00 position with better concealment than someone with a flat oval shape. On a flat oval, the grip on all but very compact guns will print from that location. Being a flat oval myself, I carry at about 4:00 - 4:30 which dictates a holster with more muzzle rear rake to it, allowing a me to index my weapon without breaking my wrist.

For me in that position IWB, I have found nothing that comes close to a Brommeland MaxCon V. Its thin, it stays open without a thick mouth band, its comfortable and its one of the nicest pieces of craftsmanship you will find anywhere.

Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the ideas.

Has anyone worked with with "Alessi Holsters" out of Buffalo, NY? I'm going to be up there so I thought I might stop by and look at the selection and see if anything works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts