HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently carry a Glock 19 with Hackathorn sights, and a Surefire XC1 in an INCOG IWB holster, appendix style.

I like the Glock platform, but I have a craving for something, a little more refined.

I've owned some HK pistols in the past: VP9, USP 45, and currently own a Mark 23.

What are some recommendations for an HK CCW gun? I can carry the G19 appendix just fine, but something a little smaller would be nice too, especially for the summer time (Winter is fast approaching, although a little late, in Wisconsin).

When I lived in Commiefornia, I was lucky enough to be in the one county that seemed to actually issue CCWs, and a I carried a Sig P226 IWB, right side, and I could conceal it fairly well, so a full size gun isn't out of the question, as I already have a compact frame gun in the Glock 19. I miss my USP something fierce, should have never sold it

My initial thoughts were a P2000SK, HK45C, or USP9c, but I'm open to suggestions.

Maybe I should just go for broke, and dual wield Mark 23s in a shoulder rig :38:

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
I CC my USP9 w/ a Mean Gene Leather belt and Comp-Tach Minotaur holster when I'm not in scrubs. Come back to the USP- I hear it calling your name- Gunslinger19... Tony will back me up on it as well!!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I CC my USP9 w/ a Mean Gene Leather belt and Comp-Tach Minotaur holster when I'm not in scrubs. Come back to the USP- I hear it calling your name- Gunslinger19... Tony will back me up on it as well!!
What's your take on the USP9 vs USP45? I see you own both, differences in the calibers are obvious, but what about handling, feel, and most importantly, how does she carry?

I love the look and feel of the USP guns, but wondering if I should return to the .45, or the 9mm, and keep the caliber the same as my Glock 19.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I switched from the G19 to a P2000 .40S&W and found that it easily compares to the Glock when carried either AIWB or on the hip. I've since added a 9mm with the same configuration: Trijicon HD Orange sights, V1 modification and the HK45C magazine paddle.

You could use a flat magazine base plate if you wanted, but I've found that the standard base works just fine for AIWB carry.

You should take a good look at the P2000....the fact that the price is right doesn't hurt either!

George

·
Registered
136 Posts
I carry a p2000sk .40 cal in iwb holster

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I like the Glock platform, but I have a craving for something, a little more refined .
If this is the main reason, then the obvious answer is to get what you crave the most. Your own initial thoughts of 2000sk, 45C, or USP9c are different enough to suggest no particular specific direction in your selection process. You just want a new gun so get one that you like the most.

·
Registered
340 Posts
They are all too large for me to carry IWB.............................I carry a P2000SK .40 OWB in a Cook's kydex.................and it IS getting colder up here:wink:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I switched from the G19 to a P2000 .40S&W and found that it easily compares to the Glock when carried either AIWB or on the hip. I've since added a 9mm with the same configuration: Trijicon HD Orange sights, V1 modification and the HK45C magazine paddle.

You could use a flat magazine base plate if you wanted, but I've found that the standard base works just fine for AIWB carry.

You should take a good look at the P2000....the fact that the price is right doesn't hurt either!

George
Nice, that's good to hear. It's tough to find a dealer near me that has a good selection of HK pistols. Everybody carries the VP9, and a few have HK45s, but that's about it. Everyone has Glocks and M&Ps, not so much on the HK front.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If this is the main reason, then the obvious answer is to get what you crave the most. Your own initial thoughts of 2000sk, 45C, or USP9c are different enough to suggest no particular specific direction in your selection process. You just want a new gun so get one that you like the most.
Very wise sir, very wise indeed.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You'll do anything to get your post count up won't ya ? You like to work early in the morning too . Just pay the 30 bucks .....
I'm trying to offload a Mark 23, but I want to contribute to the forum in order to get my post count up, so I can post it in the Marketplace, so sue me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
If you like the size of the Glock 19, the P2000 is pretty close in size and I really like mine.
If I was going smaller then I'd personally go with the P30SK over the P2000SK just based on my personal preference. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
If you haven't already done so...suggest you check online.

I use Find Guns for Sale and Gun Values | GunWatcher.com and it will point you to lowest prices for dealers AND auctions, such as gunbroker.com.

You'll have to pay a transfer to your FFL (I pay $20) but you'll likely buy at a price that's substantially lower than your LGS, and also avoid sales tax....which where I lives is 11%.

I've had good results with Impactguns, grabagun, kygunco, budsgunshop, cdnn and others.

Just a thought.

George

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I really like my P30SK with the LEM trigger for CCW. I usually CCW it with the 13 round magazine and X-Grip adapter but it is nice to have to 10 round option too.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts