HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called CDNN to check some prices and was informed that the owner has decided to no longer ship handguns to NY State due to all of the legal hassle.

Finding that out just ruined my day! Guess I'll have to take the P30 to the range to let off some steam lol

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm guessing these hassles apply only to new gun purchases. I've never had a problem buying from Gunbroker. There are some sellers on GB that won't ship to NY either, but there are a bunch more willing to do legit business with you. Sucks, cause I'd love to give CDNN my business, but I guess less one state's buyers aren't really going to affect their sales quota much.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was calling them to see if they had any 9mm Elites. I think I've made up my mind that I want one, but now I just have to find a good deal. Don't really care if its NIB, but don't want one that's been beat on either.

I was also going to consider getting a P7 from them, but now its not even worth me finding out their prices on them. :(

·
Registered
221 Posts
they haven't been doing this for some time.
but you can call sherwoods. he will accept it for you and then send it to your ffl up here. if it's something u gotta have. i haven't done it yet but i've come close....

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What/where is sherwoods? I assume its a dealer? Any idea what he charges for this "service"?

·
Registered
221 Posts
sherwood is a ffl in bowling green KY. he's a friend of mine. tell him you know/are a friend of don's in NY. tell him you need a gun transferred from cdnn to you in NY. 270.784.8777
no, i'm not employed, paid, or receive discounts for referring people. we're just business acquaintances that i couldn't be happier with.

he's very reasonable on cost. i can't really guess on price but he has to log it in, file the paperwork forever, and then pay for shipping. he's always treated me/ my friends very well.

i've bought a usp45f for 625
uspc40ss nib for 700
usptac40 780? 800?
2xp7 psp's 687.50 each

all prices include shipping to my ffl.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I was pretty pissed. Really was hoping to get a good deal on a P7M8 before the end of the year.

Thanks for the info on Sherwoods, I'll have to give him a call. Just need to make sure that the total between CDNN, Sherwoods, and my local FFL doesn't add up to more than I can get one for locally.

·
Registered
221 Posts
exactly! good thinking javic. but ive never had a dealer come close in NY to his prices.

he may not have it in stock but he'll find it, if he knows u r serious.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
sherwood is a ffl in bowling green KY. he's a friend of mine. tell him you know/are a friend of don's in NY. tell him you need a gun transferred from cdnn to you in NY. 270.784.8777
no, i'm not employed, paid, or receive discounts for referring people. we're just business acquaintances that i couldn't be happier with.

he's very reasonable on cost. i can't really guess on price but he has to log it in, file the paperwork forever, and then pay for shipping. he's always treated me/ my friends very well.

uspc40ss nib for 700
usptac40 780? 800?
2xp7 psp's 687.50 each

I might have to call them in Jan. How soon can they ship to my range's FFL? NYC purchase window is only 60 days. I want a USPc Variant 1 in 9mm w/ only 10 round mags. I think fair price is $727 + 75 FFL ~ $800. NYC store asking $950. ugh!

Otherwise I might have to just drive to friggin Philly and buy it there and have them fill out the ATF form and NYC purchase coupon.

EDIT: mags have to be 10 rounders.

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
I might have to call them in Jan. How soon can they ship to my range's FFL? NYC purchase window is only 60 days. I want a USPc Variant 1 in 9mm w/ only 10 round mags. I think fair price is $727 + 75 FFL ~ $800. NYC store asking $950. ugh!

Otherwise I might have to just drive to friggin Philly and buy it there and have them fill out the ATF form and NYC purchase coupon.
EDIT: mags have to be 10 rounders.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Muevelo,
Why not come to NJ to purchase the gun? Let me know if you are interested as I can hook you up with my FFL who I am sure can get you a better price. If you go to Philly let me know I wouldn't mind going to that range to rent the MP5SD :D.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I'll try to find out a price and get back to you. Also you may want to call Steve at SCPfirearms.com. He is one of the BEST in the buisness and is the TOP dealer over on sigforum.com (user name 220st). His prices are very good and only charges actual S&H and no credit card fee's. I have bought a few firearms from him and have been very pleased everytime. Give him a call as I am sure he will take good care of you. Tell him Mark from NJ sent you :)

·
Registered
68 Posts

uspc40ss nib for 700
usptac40 780? 800?
2xp7 psp's 687.50 each

Does Sherwood provide the casing to the NY FFL or do you guys mean if an out of state dealer doesn't want to send a used gun to NY then we can use Sherwoods?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Does Sherwood provide the casing to the NY FFL or do you guys mean if an out of state dealer doesn't want to send a used gun to NY then we can use Sherwoods?
Used guns don't require the shell casing in NY. The shell casing is only for new gun purchases, in or out of state for NY. Sherwood is an FFL transfer point if you purchased from a vendor who won't ship directly to NY.

·
Registered
221 Posts
yes he supplies them with new firearms. besides a nib HK usually comes with these (at least all of mine have).
seriously, i've bought through sherwood for 3 years in NY. No Problems and a LEO is my FFL up here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts