HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure what's going with CDNN, but they seem to be having a fire sale on HK handguns. Makes me wonder more about Kurtz' heads up about SHOT 2017.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/p2000-9mm-da-sa-v3-2-13.html

HK P2000 9MM V3
  • Manufacturer: HECKLER & KOCH
  • Model: P2000
  • Caliber: 9MM
  • Capacity: 13
  • Finish: BLACK
  • SKU: HKM709203A5
  • UPC: 642230244917
  • In Stock
Regular Price: $829.99
Special Sale: $499.99

·
Registered
670 Posts
i hate it when companies do this, jacked up the price by 10%!

EDIT: I'm a dunce, didn't realize it was a 2-day sale.

·
Premium Member
199 Posts
i hate it when companies do this, jacked up the price by 10%!
Within 24hrs it seems. Now I'm not wanting to buy it because of that...I was on the fence for the V3 (prefer LEMs) but at $500 it was too good, now it's increased & I have to pay tax & transfer fee on it when it gets here. Just more money charged unnecessarily in the end :(

·
Registered
670 Posts
How dare a company do such a thing! Have they no shame? Trying to do business in a highly competitive market, incentivizing sales, etc.

The nerve.

:/
It was $499, then the offer started to go viral within the community and then the price jumps up by 10%, seems too soon for it to be justified by the "competitive" market. I figure they were moving and figured they could cash in a bit more, hence the price hike... but what do I know... :/

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was $499, then the offer started to go viral within the community and then the price jumps up by 10%, seems too soon for it to be justified by the "competitive" market. I figure they were moving and figured they could cash in a bit more, hence the price hike... but what do I know... :/
The lesson is, if you see a great price, grab it before it is gone.

Capitalism, my friend. Supply/demand/price the market will bear...etc. Macroeconomics 101.

·
Registered
670 Posts
The lesson is, if you see a great price, grab it before it is gone.

Capitalism, my friend. Supply/demand/price the market will bear...etc. Macroeconomics 101.
I completely agree, not hating the player nor the game. I just think its a bit shady, if you say $499 then honor the price for a bit, don't just bump it up out of no where. and $550 is still a great deal IMO.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I completely agree, not hating the player nor the game. I just think its a bit shady, if you say $499 then honor the price for a bit, don't just bump it up out of no where. and $550 is still a great deal IMO.
Nothing shady about having a 2 day advertised sale. The expiration had nothing to do with community communicable diseases.

sale.png

·
Banned
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some people to go through life whining, complaining and accusing others of being "shady" when they miss out on a clearly marked sale. That's the other lesson here. FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Some people to go through life whining, complaining and accusing others of being "shady" when they miss out on a clearly marked sale. That's the other lesson here. FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS!

Nothing shady about having a 2 day advertised sale. The expiration had nothing to do with community communicable diseases.

View attachment 81802

Now I TOTALLY take fault, I didn't see the sale being 2-day. I thought hey just raised the price "just cause". Either way, I already said that $550 was an excellent price. I've edited my previous replies to show that I'm a dunce.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
At least they kept the price of the P30SK V1 at $499 until the end; they are sold out now.
That was a better deal IMO.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts

This is exactly how supply and demand works. The $499 price created a high demand which reduced the supply, resulting in an increase in price. In this case it just happened in a short period of time.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Remember 3 years ago when they had the $200 visa gift card? CDNN and other retailers also ran great sales on different HK models. I jumped on 4 different HKs when the time was right. Not sure if or when HK will ever do that again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts