HKPRO Forums banner

CDNN SHIPPED A WRONG GUN

11K views 45 replies 32 participants last post by  tktm 
#1 · (Edited)
I ordered HK45 from CDNN for my X'mas present to myself. Turned out to be HKP30. CDNN apologized. FFL dealer shipped it back. Now, CDNN is out of stock of HK45 and I'm waiting for my refund. Told me i get free shipping the next time. Does anyone of you have experience like this???

#2 ·
Looks like I was lucky. I called on Tuesday and was told they had HK45's in stock. I didn't have a local FFL in hand so I didn't order. I called back Wednesday ready to order but CDNN was in the process of fixing the problem. I was bummed but I guess I should be happy that I didn't get the wrong pistol. I'll wait until CDNN gets there next batch.

#5 ·
They shipped my HK45 to the wrong address. The local store faxed their FFL to CDNN, I saw the copy and it showed the local address. Apparently the company is in CDNN's database and they used the address of the main store that was apparently in their database. It was only delayed by four days. They later claimed they didn't receive the faxed FFL but the sales guy confirmed it when I called to make sure the received it on the day of the order.

What can you do? So I didn't bother following up with them again about the screw up.

#6 ·
Never heard of anyone having problems like this from CDNN but I guess they are only human too. Now the people I ordered my HK45 (wasn't CDNN)from sent it to the wrong person also. The people that got it had nothing to do with the FFL I told the shipper to send it too. I got lucky and they were honest and called me. Problem was it was on the other side of the state. I had to have it shipped again what a headache that turned out to be.

#7 ·
Never have had issues with CDNN, perfect every time. I think I have bought 4 guns from them this year and a few last year. They will take care of you. It happens someone made an error, I know its a bummer since you wanted it. The HK45 are selling out the same day they are getting them. I would assume they will put you at the front of the list when they get the next batch in. The one I bought was one of 7 they had gotten in that day and then the next week they got 30 of them and sold them in less then 2 days. Hang in there, they are priced so much cheaper then everyone else they can't get them fast enough.

#13 ·
CDNN; Does do a large amount of business, especially this time of year.

They have customers buying Christmas gifts, and let's face it, some people ordering gifts, do not have a clue what they are looking for when they call. All they have is someones list with CDNN listed.

CDNN, is also a very large dealer, they have customers calling all day long. So Guys, and Gals, give them the benefit of the doubt.

When a person takes an order, and it shows two item in stock. Five sales people are telling five consumers that they are showing two, in stock. Then out of the five consumer's that are ordering, four of them to buy. You can see that there can be a problem there. I think it's the season, and things will be back to normal, after the holiday season.

As far as I see it, CDNN is doing everything they can, and are doing all they can to make it right.

I personally have never had any issues with them. I have not ordered this time of year. They have always stuck "extras" into my package, for free. I don't think they have forgot you, the consumer.

Like any other business, they also have to hire extra help during the Holiday Season, and as we all know, that is risky at best.

I would not give up on CDNN. TJ

#24 ·
CDNN; Does do a large amount of business, especially this time of year.

They have customers buying Christmas gifts, and let's face it, some people ordering gifts, do not have a clue what they are looking for when they call. All they have is someones list with CDNN listed.

CDNN, is also a very large dealer, they have customers calling all day long. So Guys, and Gals, give them the benefit of the doubt.

When a person takes an order, and it shows two item in stock. Five sales people are telling five consumers that they are showing two, in stock. Then out of the five consumer's that are ordering, four of them to buy. You can see that there can be a problem there. I think it's the season, and things will be back to normal, after the holiday season.

As far as I see it, CDNN is doing everything they can, and are doing all they can to make it right.

I personally have never had any issues with them. I have not ordered this time of year. They have always stuck "extras" into my package, for free. I don't think they have forgot you, the consumer.

Like any other business, they also have to hire extra help during the Holiday Season, and as we all know, that is risky at best.

I would not give up on CDNN. TJ
BS, next to service communication is key, I called back two days later and was told it was shipped then I call two days after that and was told I was not getting it.

I don't care how busy you are if you can't handle the business, then communicate that. Nothing worse then saying you can do something then not performing. Screw them never again

#14 ·
I've dealt with CDNN a number of times and I found them to be VERY Customer-centric. Although I never dealt with them during the holiday season, I can easily see how s**t can happen.

CDNN will make it right for you, I'm sure.

#16 ·
I was on the phone ordering a HK45 from them on wed. doing all the paper work stuff and then went to give my credit card number and they told me they just sold out. I was pissed about it but still ordered a P30 which I love.

#17 ·
The only problem I've ever had with CDNN is their promised 'shipped the same day' claim. When you pay for 2 day service and get it four days later, the problem rests with the shipper, not the carrier, and it leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the ordering customer. If you claim to do something, then do it -- the backlash is not worth it and most customers are more than willing to accept normal shipping times...

The shipped to wrong address can get them in trouble with ATF, that's for certain, especially if one of the shipped to wrong addresses decided to keep the handgun. ATF is adamant about ONLY shipping to the address on the 01 form, and ATF has no sense of humor when it comes to errors like these. You'd know what I mean if you've ever seen one of their week-long inventory/procedures visits first-hand...

As far as getting shipped the wrong product, well, that's just sloppy procedures and shouldn't happen with such a controlled item as firearms...

#19 ·
I have order from them numerous times with never a problem. I have also recieved my items in a day a few times! With a large buisness and this busy time of year I guess a mistake is bound to happen.

#23 ·
Same thing happened to me, I oreded it on Tuesday the 18th called on Thursday to see where it was at, said it was shipped on Wednesday called today to see where it was at and was told it never went out and that they did not have any. Sucks I told all my buddies I was getting this gun and everyone was going to come over and check it out over the holidays. I am soo pissed that I have been getting the run around all week, and I had to call back and find this out. Never again will I ever order anything from them. I don't care if the price is a $200 cheaper from them, it's the principal of the thing. BOOOOOO CDNN Merry X-mas

#25 ·
I talked to them yesterday. I was told by one of the guys that they had over sold on the hk45 because they had a bunch of P30's that where incorrectly marked as HK45s. I was also told that the next shipment probably would not be in till late Jan. I bought one from them last week but I had to send it back because of a long scratch that was in the slide. I am now on the wait list for the next shipment. I would have no problem ordering from CDNN again. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes as long as they fix the problem. I guess I will have to do with my USP 45 over the holidays.

#29 ·
:mad:

I agree if they fix the problem, but all there offering is next day shipping when the get them in. How about a deep discount??? Now that is stepping up to the plate and taking care of the problem.

BOOOOOOOO CDNN
You're already getting a DEEP discount from them. Not many dealers out there can touch their prices. Do you know what it costs to overnight a gun? They're going from priority mail (about $8.00) to around $45 for overnight (maybe a little less b/c of their volume) but nonetheless costly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.