HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the idea that they are importing HK's in this configuration but I was under the impression Bush signed an executive order banning them? Hope this will allow others to be imported as well.

·
Premium Member
750 Posts
Link? I just searched their site and found no SP89.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,705 Posts
First off, it's called Heckler and Koch's SP5K. CDNN doesn't make the SP5K or the SP89. While the SP5K and SP89 looks the same, they are different. Is there a Donald Trump "Huge" difference.... no.

Now, Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989 banned by name HK91, HK93, HK94, and HK PSG-1. The SP89 was never apart of it. The SP89 was actually banned in 1993 by Bill Clinton, but that law sunset in 2004.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off, it's called Heckler and Koch's SP5K. CDNN doesn't make the SP5K or the SP89. While the SP5K and SP89 looks the same, they are different. Is there a Donald Trump "Huge" difference.... no.

Now, Roberti-Roos Assault Weapons Control Act of 1989 banned by name HK91, HK93, HK94, and HK PSG-1. The SP89 was never apart of it. The SP89 was actually banned in 1993 by Bill Clinton, but that law sunset in 2004.
whats your opinion of them? Do you think they are worth the price?

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,705 Posts
Gunbroker is a good option. I've seen several sell for under $2k. Plus HK isn't taking new orders on them and doesn't plan on shipping more until second quarter.

·
Premium Member
740 Posts
Plus HK isn't taking new orders on them and doesn't plan on shipping more until second quarter.
That is handy info. There seems to be a decent quantity on the market so I guess they might as well sell through that stock before making another run. I wonder how many have actually sold at this point, if it has been a profitable venture for them. That may well determine what future, even limited release options might come.

Shockwave

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,705 Posts
Based on serial numbers I've seen. Highest was 4,6XX so far.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yep that is/was the Highway Robbery Price look around be patient you can find the Reg Retail Price of around $2200...............
You can find them on Wikiarms for $2200 all day long. Some gun shops will price match online prices too. I was lined up to do this at my favorite LGS (their sticker price was $2600) but walked out with an APC9 instead for a couple hundred less than the online price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,306 Posts
Gunbroker is a good option. I've seen several sell for under $2k. Plus HK isn't taking new orders on them and doesn't plan on shipping more until second quarter.
I will stay with the "classic" SP89!!! :biggrin:

Tony
And PSG1 Nill adjustable grip just ordered so I can shamelessly copy this gorgeous thing you have going on!

and now I have it:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts