HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a Central Ohio Hk Armorer gunsmith to install an LEM Kit on my .45 Compact. Blackwing's is no longer certified, and was a little high on price. NASR smith was certified and a lot better on price, plus he sounded like a pretty nice guy. Vance's said they would do it for a cheaper price, but I have no idea on their certification.

Anybody have any leads or ideas on who to go with?

·
1,252 Posts
I wish I knew...

Vances changed the sights on my tac. other than that... no clue.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm looking to get some work done to my USP as well. Is it true that the smiths at New Albany are HK armorers? I am going to call Vance's today to see what they can do as well. I work a lot out of Columbus and would like to change the variant or get an ambi safety for my USP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was in vances yesterday, and i was told they had a certified hk armor that could install an LEM trigger on my usp9. i'm sure you would be GTF taking it their.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Vance's is your best bet. NASR has always been overpriced. They used to be worth it, but not anymore. Their quality has gone downhill a lot in the last few years.

I really like the armorer at the Powder Room, but I can almost surely tell yo he's not certified.

Why not just do it yourself?

So what if it voids the warranty? What good is HK's warranty? You think you'll mail them your gun and get it back in the same week? Or the same month? Or even the same year? LOL

Seriously, you should do it yourself, or go with Vance's. Blackwing can't do it and NASR is overpriced.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts