HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the prices on the AP5's got slashed last week I decided to pick up one from Battlehawk Armory's website for $1630. That's pretty much what the Zeniths were going for a few years ago and figured now was the time to finally add a mp5 to the collection. I don't have any experience with the Zeniths but I've held and finger banged the HK SP5's and PTR 9 pistols at my local shop. I'd say this gun seems to be built well. The welds seem nice and the finish was done very well for a gun built in a military factory. Handling side by side to a SP5L at my store, the HK was nicer fished and just seemed a little more refined. You can check the attached pictures for over finish and weld quality. The only gripe I have is that the lower won't hinge open. It hinges about 1/2" but the sear block shelf is a little long and won't clear the slot in the grip frame. Not a huge deal but figured I'd mention it. Pins are nice and not hard to get out and the end cap fits snugly. The three lug was really tight when trying to slide my suppressor over it but after 5-10 times of taking it on and off it wore some of the paint down on the 3 lug and started to clear without any problem. Considering this gun is made to H&K spec I'm assuming the issue was probably related to my 3 lug mount but now it works fine and I don't really care. Trigger and safety are smooth and the trigger pull doesn't seem that bad. It was long but pretty light. Overall I'm happy so far and we'll see how she shoots.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Those initial pictures don't make we want to say it's junk. The lower is designed to not swing down to prevent FA upgrades. But a double push pin lower will be very secure.

·
Registered
142 Posts
they will sell more if they keep the price down like this. And i hope they will bring more bigger brothers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The gun looks pretty darn good from what I can see. Great price for a quality roller lock. I'm glad to see they came to their senses and lowered the price.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is there more than 1 type of Century Arms AP5? I don't see the made in Turkey stamp on this one. If you go to Atlantic firearms they have the Century Arms/MKE AP5 that looks the same, but has a small Made in Turkey stamp above the Century Arms stamp, plus an MKE AP5 stamp on the top receiver rib. I had thought Zenith stopped importing MKE's, and now Century was.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is there more than 1 type of Century Arms AP5? I don't see the made in Turkey stamp on this one. If you go to Atlantic firearms they have the Century Arms/MKE AP5 that looks the same, but has a small Made in Turkey stamp above the Century Arms stamp, plus an MKE AP5 stamp on the top receiver rib. I had thought Zenith stopped importing MKE's, and now Century was.
It has the MKE stamp and made in Turkey stamp on the receiver. Same model that’s being sold on Atlantic Firearms. Century is also importing the K model as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It has the MKE stamp and made in Turkey stamp on the receiver. Same model that’s being sold on Atlantic Firearms. Century is also importing the K model as well.
Oh ok, fair enough. That's excellent. I guess I just couldn't see the stamp area super well in the photos. I mean, MKE is top notch. I have a Zenith MKE K model. I run that thing super hard weekly with zero issues. I am sure the AP5 will do very well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So does one of mine..and I told him it was $1200 over priced.

The AP5 series is now at the correct price point - and competition for PTR where it belongs - not HK.
Yeah, 2900 is ridiculous. Other local sold a HK last moth for 3100. So I ordered my from Dakota tactical.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Great deal on the AP5. Congrats on scoring a great deal. I like that the push pin on the front trigger housing is kept, just like the original configuration.

The reason why the HK SP5 has a better paint finish, it’s because it’s made for commercial sales. The MKE‘s as well as the POF’s are built for military use so cosmetic is not a priority as long as the firearm functions the way it suppose to.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts