HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Brace it and forget the Form 1, for now! :)
Before I waste $ on a brace, I’d wait until after September 8 to see what the ATF will do with them. No need to buy something that can’t be used. At work, we’re ordering guns without braces so we don’t get stuck with inventory we have to throw in the trash. So we’re waiting to see what they decide. GARY.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The only downside is finding an A3 stock at a decent price... It seems like A2 stocks including used POF and MKE A3 stocks are going over $400....
And a brace which may be illegal next month is $330. GARY

·
Registered
403 Posts
I bet the people who paid $3K a few weeks ago are very upset now. I bet this cuts into the sales of the PTR version. If Century dropped their price $1000 on each gun, & are still making a profit, it shows how greedy they are. GARY
I was thinking the same thing. I would be pretty cheesed at Century.

-E-

·
Registered
23 Posts
Century -> Distributors -> Retailers

My understanding is that Century never set a MAP (or MSRP?) for the AP5 line when they released it to market. So distributors just set their own pricing (high) and sold them to retailers. So I'd blame the distributors more than Century for the inflated pricing.

Distributors are now lowering their prices (I assume because of slow sales) so that's why these drop shippers (Dahlonega, BattleHawk, Lanbo, etc) can also drop their pricing. The other retailers who actually bought their inventory have to either keep their high pricing in order to not lose money or drop their pricing and take a hit. My local shop bought their AP5's and just decided to take the loss and dropped their prices by $1k. Sucks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yeah from what my dealer told me is that last week Century cut a check to the distributors which brought the AP5’s down to the $1600’s. He was saying they were paying $2800 when they first came out, then to $2500, then to $2200 and finally down to the $1600’s. Also Century finally put a $1999 msrp on them. So it’s unfortunate that they(Century and the distributors) played the panic game but I had a feeling they were and waited until they went down to what the zeniths were at.

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
I got my AP5-P yesterday, 2021 serial number. Paid a little more than 1600 to have the option of inspecting it before transfer. Everything looks good, comparable to my 2018 Z5RS. Nice welds, good cocking tube and front sight alignment, .018” bolt gap. Magwell is a little looser than the Z5. Flash hider is a nice add. One of the mags had some feedlip damage from shipping - case is huge yet one mag was against the gun, go figure. I’m not a fan of MKE mags so no biggy. Paint is more flat than Zenith or HK but decent. I’ll let you know how it shoots. Oh, and the end cap is plastic, marked MKE. Top of gun is marked MKE AP5-P and serial number with same prefix as the Zenith gun. Magwell has made in Turkey, Century blah blah and the MKE circle mark.

120 degree lock piece, interesting. Some others have reported this on other forums and gotten shouted down. I measured it, maybe +/- 5 degrees since it such a small surface.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the review. I was curious about build quality. Seems like a great price (what you paid) for what it is.
Nice

·
Registered
1 Posts
The $1600 ish price point of these now is where they should be. I have been very happy with my Zenith MKE Z5RS and Z43P that I bought back in 2017.

·
Registered
P7M13, P9S, SP5K
64 Posts
Since the prices on the AP5's got slashed last week I decided to pick up one from Battlehawk Armory's website for $1630. That's pretty much what the Zeniths were going for a few years ago and figured now was the time to finally add a mp5 to the collection. I don't have any experience with the Zeniths but I've held and finger banged the HK SP5's and PTR 9 pistols at my local shop. I'd say this gun seems to be built well. The welds seem nice and the finish was done very well for a gun built in a military factory. Handling side by side to a SP5L at my store, the HK was nicer fished and just seemed a little more refined. You can check the attached pictures for over finish and weld quality. The only gripe I have is that the lower won't hinge open. It hinges about 1/2" but the sear block shelf is a little long and won't clear the slot in the grip frame. Not a huge deal but figured I'd mention it. Pins are nice and not hard to get out and the end cap fits snugly. The three lug was really tight when trying to slide my suppressor over it but after 5-10 times of taking it on and off it wore some of the paint down on the 3 lug and started to clear without any problem. Considering this gun is made to H&K spec I'm assuming the issue was probably related to my 3 lug mount but now it works fine and I don't really care. Trigger and safety are smooth and the trigger pull doesn't seem that bad. It was long but pretty light. Overall I'm happy so far and we'll see how she shoots.
View attachment 300278 View attachment 300272 View attachment 300273 View attachment 300274 View attachment 300275 View attachment 300276 View attachment 300279

How was the experience with Battlehawk Armory?

21 - 40 of 49 Posts