HKPRO Forums banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Century Arms has imported some real duds in the past, but these have my attention. I know that some Turkish guns barely meet third-world quality standards, but I have been thoroughly impressed with the AP5. definitely consider purchasing one.

·
Registered
64 Posts
FWIW/FYI...

Turkish Armed Forces:
-Active personnel: 355,800
-2017 budget: $10.2 billion
-While it ranks as the strongest military force in the 'Muslim world' and the Middle East, it was also ranked 9th worldwide by the Global Firepower Index, above Germany.
-Turkey has also established large forward operating bases in Qatar and Somalia, expanding its geopolitical reach and force projection capacity.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Really happy with mine so far, only issues I had were some ftf but those were with AC Unity mags, seem to be decent range mags but need more testing.

·
Registered
83 Posts
FWIW/FYI...

Turkish Armed Forces:
-Active personnel: 355,800
-2017 budget: $10.2 billion
-While it ranks as the strongest military force in the 'Muslim world' and the Middle East, it was also ranked 9th worldwide by the Global Firepower Index, above Germany.
-Turkey has also established large forward operating bases in Qatar and Somalia, expanding its geopolitical reach and force projection capacity.
They certainly seem to be capable and are putting out some quality firearms. I wouldn’t be too worried about Century’s involvement, even if their CS is spotty (which I have no clue about) there are options out there (especially in this forum/James) to get a roller locked up and running if someone ever had a prob.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Loving the MKE version. Got mine in the AP5-M model. SB braced, and 10 extra mags. Approximately 400 rounds through it, with 0 issues. Does get pretty hot, but to be expected.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Went to my LGS yesterday. He didn’t have an AP5-P in stock, but said he could get one. I told him I wanted to pay $1700. He called his supplier who said they were in stock. He confirmed it was the K version with the threaded barrel, & tri lug adapter, & $1700 was OK, but he wasn’t making much. It’ll be in next week. I’m glad the Century price went back to the Zenith price. GARY.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Went to my LGS yesterday. He didn’t have an AP5-P in stock, but said he could get one. I told him I wanted to pay $1700. He called his supplier who said they were in stock. He confirmed it was the K version with the threaded barrel, & tri lug adapter, & $1700 was OK, but he wasn’t making much. It’ll be in next week. I’m glad the Century price went back to the Zenith price. GARY.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
83 Posts
I finally saw an AP5 in the wild at LGS I would not and do not use for their pricing practices and because I don’t have to use them/don’t need them.
The price on it reminded me why I would not use them ($2700 or $2800 can’t remember which). That’s the bad. The good is quality on the one I saw looked great. Finished fine/everything apparently lined up correctly etc. confirmed what I suspected that it appears like a good clone. For $1700? If you can afford it and want one why not?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Looks pretty nice, the welds look better than my PTR 9ct, and I love the grip module it comes with. For some reason the “standard” one that is on my PTR hurt the hell out of my hand. Doesn’t hurt anymore which is weird but it was so damn uncomfortable. Would love to upgrade to something like that. Was looking at the magpul grip but I love me some red and white color fill so I’m torn….

41 - 49 of 49 Posts