HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a oprotunity to buy one and don't have much experience with them. Heres the deal, I took it apart and it has all HK internals Marked 1968, 5 mags and a scope mount and nice case for $550.00...What say you?

·
Registered
886 Posts
They can be OK to good guns, check the bore and bolt gap. Ask to see if it shoots straight, try a test fire if you can. But most including myself will say save up a few more $ and get a PTR.

Bill

·
Registered
45 Posts
They can be OK to good guns, check the bore and bolt gap. Ask to see if it shoots straight, try a test fire if you can. But most including myself will say save up a few more $ and get a PTR.

Bill
+1 on that i love my ptr shoots great and never any problems, just put out the extra money for the ptr you won't regret it!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hows the price if it shoots straight and the gap is good?

·
Banned
384 Posts
I sold mine for much less than $500 and considered myself as needing to be beaten with a large blunt object for taking advantage of someone...

G

·
I have one and find it shoots as sweet as any .308 I ever owned. With a weaver 3x9 it shoots MOA and with holdover out to 600 yards though I really prefer to use the iron sights and work fast acqusition drills. I paid $600.00 for the rifle with 3 buttstocks, 2 buffers, 2 trigger groups and 2 forends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had my C91 for about 4 years, never had any problems with. Can hit a 12 inch plate at 200 yards all day long with the iron sites. Check rear site and make sure it is straight, have seen a few that were crooked.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've had one since 1999 and it shoots straight and functions with Steel, Alloy, and Thermold mags. My problem with it has been that it is Ugly as Sin and looks like it was put together by a Blind Rabid Monkey using it's left hand.
:13:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts