HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weekend after Halloween, my brothers and I went out to the "range" (country backwoods) with a ton of pumpkins that my wife and I got from the local punkin' patch". It was time to test out my new Century arms c93 sporter. This time I made sure that the battery had plenty of juice before leaving the house. This rifle is a ton of fun to shoot. We put about 300 rounds of Wolf 55 and 62 grain FMJ bi-metal rounds through it. It ate that steel core ammo up without any issues. Now that's cool. I brought the three new HK 40 round aluminum mags that arrived this week in the mail. They worked flawlessly. There's almost no felt recoil on this rifle and it handles really well. AIM Surplus had them on sale for $599 a week ago. At that price, you've gotta get one! Here's some footage of me having fun.

http://johnny556x45.blogspot.com/2009/11/century-arms-c93-sporter-hk-335393.html

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I really wish PTR could make a rifle like Century.

;)

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
They don't weld the barrel to the trunnion like they did with the 91s, do they?
They sure weld the hell out of the trunion to the receiver though. :D

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
The weekend after Halloween, my brothers and I went out to the "range" (country backwoods) with a ton of pumpkins that my wife and I got from the local punkin' patch". It was time to test out my new Century arms c93 sporter. This time I made sure that the battery had plenty of juice before leaving the house. This rifle is a ton of fun to shoot. We put about 300 rounds of Wolf 55 and 62 grain FMJ bi-metal rounds through it. It ate that steel core ammo up without any issues. Now that's cool. I brought the three new HK 40 round aluminum mags that arrived this week in the mail. They worked flawlessly. There's almost no felt recoil on this rifle and it handles really well. AIM Surplus had them on sale for $599 a week ago. At that price, you've gotta get one! Here's some footage of me having fun.

http://johnny556x45.blogspot.com/2009/11/century-arms-c93-sporter-hk-335393.html
Have you measured your bolt gap yet? GARY N4KVE

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
They sure weld the hell out of the trunion to the receiver though. :D
I was trying to figure out what you meant, then I remembered the post where the weld the entire front edge to the receiver. Who says you can't build a better mousetrap?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you measured your bolt gap yet? GARY N4KVE
No, not yet. I bought some feeler gauges, but the wrong kind ("L" shaped). I need to get the correct ones. The rifles fires like a champ. At what point do I need to be concerned about the bolt gap?

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
No, not yet. I bought some feeler gauges, but the wrong kind ("L" shaped). I need to get the correct ones. The rifles fires like a champ. At what point do I need to be concerned about the bolt gap?
When it stops ejecting correctly.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Also if you notice a significant increase in recoil. You said it has light recoil. If the recoil jumps up, that would be time to check the gap again. I have an old beater 91, which is of course .308 with more recoil to begin with, but it has deep roller marks, and kicked like a mule. The gap was well below the minimum spec.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When it stops ejecting correctly.
Thanks. It seems that bolt gap is a HUGE ISSUE with roller locked bolt systems. It almost seems to be an obsession. I started to worry about it before I even bought the rifle.....:confused:, but I've had no issues so far. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Also if you notice a significant increase in recoil. You said it has light recoil. If the recoil jumps up, that would be time to check the gap again. I have an old beater 91, which is of course .308 with more recoil to begin with, but it has deep roller marks, and kicked like a mule. The gap was well below the minimum spec.
Thanks for the pointers! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts