HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine's been fine, I'd guess 3/4 of them were ok and the other 1/4 or so gave them all a really bad rep..... 'Course, even 25% lemons is a really, really bad QA standard, the drunken monkey's deserve their reputations :wink:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, but look at puting in some cleaning and maybe fitting work. My C93s needed some. The C93 rifle I have is smooth as butter now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked one up about 2yrs ago at a pawn shop for $450. It had the black furniture (black widow) but I changed out all the furniture to wood. The bolt gap is on the lower side but holding at .13 after about 500rds, I plan on putting in some new rollers soon. Overall, i've been pleased with mine and so have my friends. One of my friends went out and bought one online from JGSales.com (i think) and he's had to send it back 2x for mags falling out and bolt gap issues.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Almost all their faults are fixable. I restored one to perfect firing condition awhile back. One thing to check for is false bolt gap (Century ground the back of the bolt on many builds). To fix it, you need to replace the bolt head, and possibly add + rollers to compensate. If the recoil spring guide rod is bent, it will also slow and impede cycling. And clean the trigger pack real good- the one I did was sandy- as if pulled fresh from a parts kit (didn't they have to mod it to semi first?!?!- so where'd all the sand come from?!?!)

Also, the semi shelf was welded by a blind monkey high on crack (crooked sideways by about 2mm), but it functions fine as long as you don't look at it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Doesn't ghillie do work on CETME's as well? I'm sure he'd be able to get one back into working order even if it was a lemon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts