HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw one at a gun show yesterday, priced at 749.99. it looked good but i have not heard of this model before and when i did a search i did not find any info. my sighting might be the first in the wild.

:330:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
No. They're out there. A little more rare than the C93 rifle. But not rare.

·
Registered
61 Posts
saw one at a gun show yesterday, priced at 749.99. it looked good but i have not heard of this model before and when i did a search i did not find any info. my sighting might be the first in the wild.

:330:

Majette,

Not sure where you were searching; but, they have been out there for over a year now. Here are some links:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/133358-c93-v53-223-pistol-atlantic-firearms.html

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-clone-talk/155036-c93-pistol.html

Centerfire Systems, Inc. - Your Home For Ammo, Firearms, Magazines, and Gun Accessories

I bought one from Atlantic Firearms last year and while not a collector's piece, it has functioned nearly flawlessly for several thouand rounds. However, I understand the quality has improved since I bought mine. So, if you want one to shoot rather than put in a museum, the C93 pistols are hard to beat, especially when Centerfire Systems is offering them at $649.

Good luck!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got one and am getting my ducks in a row to send in my BATFE paperwork to make a SBR with it. Mine had a cocking tube issue. It did not have a large enough gap between the cocking tube and the bolt carrier and would start to cam the bolt open right as you lifted the cocking handle. This is fixed by shorting down the cocking tube. The front of the cocking handle should lift about 1/2" before it contacts the bolt carrier. The other rumors I have been hearing is that CAI is making there money on AK's and can't keep up. This is where they are focusing there time and the C93's maybe more delayed or slowed in production. I thought about trying to sign up on the Centerfire Systems back order list, but who knows when they will get them in. My local dealer got one in and I was able to make a trade and some cash for it.

I also have a C93 rifle and it has been fine. No, these are not up to PTR or Vector from what I have seen, but they are with in a price point I can work with.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I also had the long cocking extension issue. The charging handle would not rotate more than a couple of degrees before starting to cam the bolt. Very difficult to cycle the bolt. Yesterday I cut 2.5mm out of the length and welded it back together. Now I'm getting about 30 degrees of rotation and the charging is much improved. The bolt carrier is cut down a bit shorter than a factory HK53 so the factory carrier would not function in the gun. It may now. But this gun has a buffered carrier and the HK53 does not so I don't know if I will try it. Gotta figure that out later.

The locking piece is the #8 from the Malaysian 33 and I changed it to a #15 which would be the correct one for a 53. I was having issues running the suppressor, which may be related more to the ejector but I'm still working on that.

Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of this Century product. Never an issue after about 200 rounds (unsuppressed). Bolt gap is still at .016" and steady. The welds are quite nice. Barrel is new and well made. The MKE mags fit but are quite tight to lock. Whoever is building these is doing a decent job of it. Obviously there are some issues as described above but they seem to be consistent issues..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mine has this stupid issue. It is a bit of a problem and seems to keep the bolt from properly closing sometimes. When testing the gun I had 2 failures to eject which I think were caused because the bolt did not lock all the way into battery. The other 15 or so rounds fired perfectly. The cocking lever will bairly pull away from the weapon at all after the trigger is pulled and pushes the bolt slightly forward (I know it will push it forward but I shouldnt visually see a gap prior to that.)

What are you all pulling off to get the cocking tube out? I can throw the thing on the lathe and shave it down a bit but I cant find a guide to pulling it out. There are plenty of guides to checking the gap and one good one for building the things... Also are you tig welding something back together or will a regular weld work for this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Update to the problem with mine, I attempted to take it apart last night and had absolutist no luck. The rear butt cap seems to be stuck. Several wacks with the rubber mallet didnt help. I also tried to put a rope through the sling swivel, secure the rope, and pull it off without luck. Inspection of cocking tube gap appeared to have NONE. This should be interesting to fix.

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
Update to the problem with mine, I attempted to take it apart last night and had absolutist no luck.
Try the search function... we've addressed this issue numerous times.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I saw one yesterday at Shoot Strait in Tampa...same price $749.

·
Registered
10 Posts
every century i have ever seen has a head space issue.... to get the head spacing gap correct they grind on the bolt head instead of repressing the barrel to obtain correct gap ...

just my .02

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
every century i have ever seen has a head space issue.... to get the head spacing gap correct they grind on the bolt head instead of repressing the barrel to obtain correct gap ...

just my .02
That's one issue... but the primary issue is that Century's "hired thugs" have turned the barrels down a bit to facilitate easier assembly... in other words, it doesn't take much to get the barrel to move.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts