HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have been lurking on this site for the last three years and don't post often but thought you guys would get a kick out of this. Also, I know more than a few of you guys HATE these Century rifles but here is one that we converted in the shop a couple of weeks ago. This started off as a new in the box CETME rifle with a stamped receiver.

We started this conversion by removing the front and rear sight bases. Next, the gas tube and barrel were removed the rifle. The conversion consisted of cutting the barrel down to 8.25" and cutting the gas tube to match the barrel. A factory HK front sight base was installed, factory hand guard hanger installed, rear sight base tig-welded to the receiver and the barrel threaded for a factory HK flash hider. The locking peice was modified to ensure proper ejection and a HK-51/53 hand guard was installed. The CETME was finally refinished in molyresin and it runs like a champ and has less recoil than it originally started with.

I didn't go into ALL the steps but just a majority of what was done for the conversion. I didn't notice any huge flame during the day like I did with my 7" AK47 SBR but I just haven't had a chance to go shooting at sunset/evening yet.

thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
??? Gas tube?

Pretty nice job, talented bunch 'o guys you have there, but now all you have is a very HK-looking 51. I think we'd a gotten more of a kick out of it if you had left all the Cetme furniture and sights on it... that would have been more unique.

Don't get me wrong, nice job and all, but there are VERY few 51 style Cetmes out there. THAT would have been sweet(er). :D:D

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
lose the CETME bayo lug and it will look proper. There is no bayonet gonna fit that. Just letting you know bro.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Oh... and that HK flash hider DOES work very well. If it's flash you're looking for, replace it. Kinda hard to believe, but that damn little thing DOES cut the flash down considerably. Been there, done that AND have the T-shirt to prove it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
??? Gas tube?

Pretty nice job, talented bunch 'o guys you have there, but now all you have is a very HK-looking 51. I think we'd a gotten more of a kick out of it if you had left all the Cetme furniture and sights on it... that would have been more unique.

Don't get me wrong, nice job and all, but there are VERY few 51 style Cetmes out there. THAT would have been sweet(er). :D:D

Did the Spanish ever make any custom 51-style CEMTE's? I couldn' find any pics of one.

thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Nice work! Proper Bayo lugs and end caps can be found from RTG very cheaply.

Slick setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
could you please eloborate more .. with pictures if possible what you did and how it ws done. thanks

Gunhappy
Hi Gunhappy,

I will have to take pictures for you because I am not the person that did it. One of the guys in the shop did it for me. It was like a "working inteview" to demonstrate his ability to work on HK's. I don't know enough about HK's to give you an educated response as to what was done.

He is doing a HK94 to MP5-SD conversion right now and has another one that seems to be a stretch. It's a genuine HK93 that has already undergone a 53 conversion but the owner wants a SD-type conversion on it.

I will take pictures of it for you guys.

thanks,
Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts