HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called CENTURY today to see if they had any C93 in stock as I wanted my FFL to order me one, well the lady at CENTURY told me that they are out. I ask if they are back order and she said no we are out and will not be making any more, I did get lucky as my FFL did find me one for $500.00, I just hope its not returned rifle.

sorry about my bad spelling and gramer
FRANK

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well, if that turns out to be all for that, APEX had 33 kits and barrels last I checked. Century only sub contracts the builds out anyway as far as I know-more or less a sticker company with a FFL.

edit-scratch that, no more kits listed:8:

·
Registered
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
.......and will not be making any more,
I suppose I can see the good in the bad on that one.
If true, I wonder why?
Somebody had posted somewhere way back that there weren't that many kits imported to begin with. Ran out of kits maybe?
Or a falling out with their receiver supplier?
To many issues?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Maybe they lost too much money from building less than stellar guns that nearly all needed to be reworked.

I have read some large numbers of Malay 33 kits they brought in, doubt they built anywhere near those numbers.

If CAI just built good guns to start with, they would make more money IMHO.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Maybe they lost too much money from building less than stellar guns that nearly all needed to be reworked.

I have read some large numbers of Malay 33 kits they brought in, doubt they built anywhere near those numbers.

Totally agree^^^^^

·
Registered
93 Posts

If that happened then I would get an acceptable rifle, and that's not acceptable :p

All kidding aside, I am happy with my C93 even though I had to send it back and get a replacement. She has been a gem!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
awsome good good, no more people posting on how to repair there complete dissapointment,
+2

It seems like people ether love them or hate them. Say what you will about them Century has done HK a favor and made the HK93 more popular than ever.
Before the C93 when I took my HK93 to the range most people had no idea what I was shooting, now they ask me how I like my C93. I just shake my head and tell them its wonderful. ;)

HDH.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've always wanted a .223 HK style rifle to go along with my SAR-8, I've been so tempted to buy a C-93, but I just decided it's not worth the risk, good luck, hope it works out well for you, But I'm going to fork out the bucks or a Vector.

I wish PTR would start making them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would bet that they are out of kits, they have revivcer on they web site, The lady had told me none on order and none on back order. I too wish PTR would make them or HK Should. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do not know why Century Arms gets so much bad press I own three a CETME, a Golani, and my favorite the C93. I had a minor problem with the Golani a warped front Ghost ring I called Century and they replaced the entire assembly for free and let me keep the defective one , and threw in a 35 round magazine, all three have never had a failure to fire , all three I bought I never cleaned . I just want reliable low cost shooters that shoot loads of cheap ammo. I did own an H&K 91 in the 80's I picked up for $500 or so and was ignorant enough to sell long ago. But I am not paying upwards of 2 grand on one now, or any rifle for that matter. So Century fills the void for me. I just might buy another C93 I am so pleased with it !

·
Registered
10,235 Posts
How many rounds do you have through your Century keepers?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts