HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title suggests...when will this happen? It seems like such an obvious decision especially since the old importer had them. Anyone have some info on whether these are in the works?

·
Registered
206 Posts
well, you can e-mail CENTURY and ask them that question........asking here will just get you rumors, guesses.......that is unless someone has a crystal ball, mine is in the shop getting repaired so can't help you out

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, you can e-mail CENTURY and ask them that question........asking here will just get you rumors, guesses.......that is unless someone has a crystal ball, mine is in the shop getting repaired so can't help you out

I was hoping someone already had spoken with them. I guess I will ask them and be the rumor guy myself.

·
Registered
177 Posts
That would be nice if Century would import more MKE parts and furniture. Especially MKE A3 stocks. Although I already have an HK A3 stock installed on both my Z5RS and my POF SMGPK, I’d like to have an actual MKE A3 stock on my Z5RS. If I get one, I’ll sell the one of the HK A3 stock that I have.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is their reply:

"Good morning,
We do not have any plans of that at the moment.
I would check with hkparts.net or a similar vendor for one".

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Considering the price they've been selling for lately this is an idiotic decision for Century to make.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Considering the price they've been selling for lately this is an idiotic decision for Century to make.
there is a whole bunch of reasons they might not want to, one that I can see is;

like maybe the cost per stock wouldn't be enough to make a profit and cover the shipping cost and all the other incidentals that come with running a business, ie. salary, taxes etc... when they do re-sell them even at the current market rate for those.

·
Registered
206 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, and they probably had a "sweet heart" deal going on behind the scene to get them for next to nothing...... one of Zenith’s owners was also a longstanding representative for MKE in other countries.

the whole relationship of Zenith- MKE was a sordid affair from the get go, with bribes and other unsavory business dealings

Zenith Firearms Cuts Ties with MKE - New Product Launch in 2021 -The Firearm Blog

Like paying people to grind down bolts? Sounds like a match made in heaven for Century.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Century can't help but to continue making this deal somehow worse.
I dunno. I have a recent Century/PTR CETME that runs 100% and a Buds/PTR/Century 93 that also runs 100%. Never thought I would say that

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Nice! Weren’t those entirely made by PTR, though?
The 93 was assembled by PTR. Malay parts kits were the base if I remember aright. Buds funded it and the parts kits came from Century. I also have the CETME which is similar

1 - 17 of 17 Posts