HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this has already been posted, but looks like they are offering a couple more variants to go with the full size clone.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn’t see a price point for the shorty’s listed on their site. I know the full size is $2489
My local dealer just got some of the AF5-Ps in and are selling for $2,699.99 (same price they are selling the normal AF5 for with a $2,999.99 MSRP). I am assuming the AF5-M will be the same price.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My local dealer just got some of the AF5-Ps in and are selling for $2,699.99 (same price they are selling the normal AF5 for with a $2,999.99 MSRP). I am assuming the AF5-M will be the same price.
Damn! That’s approaching HK msrp. How does the fit and finish look compared to an HK?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just saw them posted on their website...I didn't actually see them in person. So, can't comment on that yet.

·
Registered
184 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
For the same price, you can get one of Zenith's new MP5's + 350 rounds of Zenith ammo. I'd rather have Zenith's trained MP5 armorer's than Century Monkeys any day of the week, lol.

·
Registered
184 Posts
For the same price, you can get one of Zenith's new MP5's + 350 rounds of Zenith ammo. I'd rather have Zenith's trained MP5 armorer's than Century Monkeys any day of the week, lol.
Centurys are imported vs zeniths which will be us made…century arms has a good reputation of imported firearms…self builds not so much. People confuse this in the ak world as well

·
Registered
96 Posts
It baffles me that people are still confused about where the Century guns come from. The Century guns are the same ones made by MKE in Turkey that Zenith were and are no longer importing. These aren't new guns, the importer has just changed from Zenith to Century.

Zenith will be rolling out their own in-house line of roller-delayed firearms, so it will be interesting to see how they compare to the Turkish ones.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Centurys are imported vs zeniths which will be us made…century arms has a good reputation of imported firearms…self builds not so much. People confuse this in the ak world as well
You're correct about the import. But Zenith Firearms reported hundreds of horribly out of spec MP5's being imported in from MKE, Turkey. It was so bad that Zenith sent MKE multiple complaints about how bad the imports were.

This is where having competent engineers come into play. Zenith had to fix these. With Turkey's ongoing political unrest, I highly doubt that MKE has recovered their once excellent machinists from back in 2010-2013. These lemons & warranty issues are going to end up with the Century monkeys. Yikes. 🍋🙈

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can't believe people would spend that kind of money for a Zenith. At that price, a Dakota Tactical is going to be a better gun and they stand behind them.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
The Century guns made in Turkey are now $1700. The quality is excellent. Zenith f#cked MKE, so MKE sent them f#cked up guns. The welds on my new Century/MKE are excellent, & the mags fit nice n tight. So who would buy a US made Zenith gun for $2400 when the MKE gun is $1700? GARY.

·
Registered
191 Posts
The Century guns made in Turkey are now $1700. The quality is excellent. Zenith f#cked MKE, so MKE sent them f#cked up guns. The welds on my new Century/MKE are excellent, & the mags fit nice n tight. So who would buy a US made Zenith gun for $2400 when the MKE gun is $1700? GARY.
I agree. The market will tell but I don’t see paying a premium for the importer unless, like with HK USA, has warranty implications). I mean hear the manufacturer is MKE so not sure what difference it makes.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts

How you rationalize sending your money to Turkey is beyond me. As crazy as sending money to Pakistan. Only thing you need now is a North Korean HK clone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I handed my money to the owner of the gun store who was born in NYC. I don’t give a rat’s ass where the money goes after that because it’s now his money. The MKE shoots excellent without a single FTE, or jam. The welds are excellent, & the mag does not rock in the mag well. By your thinking I shouldn’t buy a real HK because of all the Nazi death camps in WW2, but yet people run to buy VW’s BMW’s, & Mercedes every day. Should we boycott China, & Japan too? GARY

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
I handed my money to the owner of the gun store who was born in NYC. I don’t give a rat’s ass where the money goes after that because it’s now his money. The MKE shoots excellent without a single FTE, or jam. The welds are excellent, & the mag does not rock in the mag well. By your thinking I shouldn’t buy a real HK because of all the Nazi death camps in WW2, but yet people run to buy VW’s BMW’s, & Mercedes every day. Should we boycott China, & Japan too? GARY
Both Germany and Japan are US allies of long standing and the regimes we fought there don’t exist anymore. So no, I don’t have a problem sending my money there.

Erdogan is in control now, and poisoning a formerly strong relationship with Turkey. China is a strategic competitor to the US, so no, I wouldn’t bolster their defense industries with my money.

So by my thinking, spend money with your friends and don’t send it to anyone who is hostile toward your country. Hopefully that is clear enough to be understood.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Both Germany and Japan are US allies of long standing and the regimes we fought there don’t exist anymore. So no, I don’t have a problem sending my money there.

Erdogan is in control now, and poisoning a formerly strong relationship with Turkey. China is a strategic competitor to the US, so no, I wouldn’t bolster their defense industries with my money.

So by my thinking, spend money with your friends and don’t send it to anyone who is hostile toward your country. Hopefully that is clear enough to be understood.

I did. I gave my $ to my friend who owns the gun store. Matter of fact, I’ll be seeing him in an hour to work at his booth at the West Palm Beach gun show. GARY.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Mine came in today. Ive never owned an mp5 before but i can say that mine, at least to me is flawless. Welds are perfect, the tri lug is perfectly timed, action is very smooth and the mags fit great. Im going to put a few hundred rounds through it later today.
Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Wood

1 - 20 of 28 Posts