HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this a good rifle? I found one used with a red dot battle scope with quick release mount for $620.00. The scope is either broken or has a dead battery though. Is the rifle good? Is it worth that price?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No, I had never seen one before, so I didn't know what to look for. I thought it was actually spelled Setme, but online it says Cetme when I search for it.

It looks exactly like the first picture, except it has a quick release claw mount with a red dot scope on it.

http://www.tonyrogers.com/weapons/cetme.htm

·
Registered
306 Posts
Well, there are only a couple CETME type rifles available
- the Mars impoted Santa Barbara CETME Sporter, which run $2000.~$3600.
- Century built kit guns, which run $500~$650
The CIA guns can be built on either their SS cast receiver (made from the old Special Weapons tooling) or their stamped steel receiver (made from the old Hesse tooling).
Lots more CETME info at Military Firearm

·
Registered
280 Posts
For the record, the G3/91 is a "clone" of the CETME which came first. ;)

Not really a clone, but more like an evolution.

·
Banned
34,580 Posts
Kilo-11:

Personally, I would stay away from most CETME's (with the exception of the MARS imports, which LM eludes to and is the holy grail of CETME's- hence, much more expensive).

I don't know what your price range is, but I would wait, save, and purchase a Vector, etc. No regrets later.

Tony

·
Registered
886 Posts
Just about all Cetme's were from CAI, with the exception of MARS and custom built ones. The very early and very late ones were built on exc condition parts kits, these would be the most desirable. The rest range from fair to very good. Check the bore, bolt gap and bolt length to make sure it was not ground. A properly built Cetme is fun to shoot, less recoil than a comparable HK-91.

Bill

·
Registered
436 Posts
I owned a CIA Cetme before with the exception of how hard it was to get the rear stock on and off it was a blast to shoot. I am not sure about the red dot scope and mount buy I see them for 500 all the time a shows. That being said, I missed buying one about a month ago that a guy was selling for $400 that had a correct HK Stanag mount and hensdolt scope. I am still crying over that one, it was like buy the scope and mount and get the Cetme for free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts