HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the whole game of owning a Cetme and I am aware of the bad reputation with Century. I am having the issue where when the bolt carrier group is fully forward it is impossible to pull the charging handle all the way back without hitting the stock on the ground and pulling down. I have checked my bolt gap and measured .013-.014. Am I missing something else? I have researched the cocking tube gap issue as well but don't fully understand how to check it. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Cocking tube gap is harder to judge with a cetme but, if you get the thinner feeler gauges it can be done. Set up the rifle as if checking bolt gap. Then measure the distance from the lip of the cocking lever support to the rim on the bolt carrier. Since the support slides over the carrier end its a little more fun trying to check it.

You might have too much cocking tube gap if its hard to unlock. The lever may not be making contact with the anvil to lever it open. Ideal cocking tube gap is bolt gap .013 plus .015 = .028

On G3 if you suspect too much gap you check by slipping a dime between and seeing if that unlocks the bolt easier.

On a side note These rifles take a little getting used to the force needed to unlock them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cocking tube gap is harder to judge with a cetme but, if you get the thinner feeler gauges it can be done. Set up the rifle as if checking bolt gap. Then measure the distance from the lip of the cocking lever support to the rim on the bolt carrier. Since the support slides over the carrier end its a little more fun trying to check it.

You might have too much cocking tube gap if its hard to unlock. The lever may not be making contact with the anvil to lever it open. Ideal cocking tube gap is bolt gap .013 plus .015 = .028

On G3 if you suspect too much gap you check by slipping a dime between and seeing if that unlocks the bolt easier.

On a side note These rifles take a little getting used to the force needed to unlock them.
Thanks for the info. I did try the dime trick which did sort of help but at that point it won't allow the charging handle to fully come back. Maybe about half to 3/4 of sn inch away from being able to lock back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts