HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edited 2/13/14I changed out the locking piece and put a heavier spring in. The bolt gap is now .009 and if you put a little effort .010 fits. The rollers that are in it now are .313 so what size do I need to get to proper bolt gap. The length of the bolt size is 1.839 Edited 2/13/14

My cetme had a few ftf after I bought a bunch of hk mags. I found a couple mags that work great and the rest wont work at all because they wont lock into the magwell. A few magazines I filed the mag well stop and they got a little better with a couple ftf. I know the bolt gap should be between .3 and .5 millimeters (about .012 - .020 Inch). Mine is at .152mm (.006) which is way to small. What should I do to get into spec? I was thinking about getting a new locking piece then recheck the bolt gap. Any answers or help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
363 Posts
Measure your bolt rollers to see if they are standard or oversize. Examine and measure your bolt head to see if someone ground on it to artificially increase gap. The comments here show that a new locking piece does sometimes deal with too small bolt gap. If that does not work and your rollers are standard size, get oversize rollers to increase bolt gap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I finally got around to checking the bolt gap, and the roller size and bolt size.

Bolt gap is now .009 but if you put a little effort .010 fits . All I did was put in a new locking piece and the heavier spring.

The roller size is .313 so my question is do I go bigger or smaller and if so what size do I need?

The length of the bolt is 1.839 and it doesn't look ground down.

·
Registered
312 Posts
You're in spec - I think it's .004-.020.

Sounds like it may be a mag alignment/feed issue. Bolt gap has nothing to do with mag fitment. Might want to look at the mag release.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I finally got around to checking the bolt gap, and the roller size and bolt size.

Bolt gap is now .009 but if you put a little effort .010 fits . All I did was put in a new locking piece and the heavier spring.

The roller size is .313 so my question is do I go bigger or smaller and if so what size do I need?

The length of the bolt is 1.839 and it doesn't look ground down.
Hello batle snake, welcome to this great forum but your one stop information source for Cetme rifles is Militaryfirearm This was originally the Cetme forum. There are a lot of nice guys over there and they know everything there is to know about Cetmes including Century Cetmes and how to trouble shoot and fix them. You will need to join to see all of the photos but it is a free forum. They have all of the proper dimensions for bolt length, bolt carrier length ect... There are a bunch of stickies about bolt gap and cocking tube gap as well as a very good search function (it is much more user friendly than the one on this board). After you read through the stickies post any questions you still have and include photos the guys and gals will give you a hand.

After rereading your post it sounds like you have worn standard size (8mm) rollers. The ideal gap is around 16 to 18 thousandths. To increase gap you could install + sized rollers. If it were me I would go ahead and try +4 rollers. However before you do please see the resource posted above as there are several different things that come into play such as cocking tube gap. Without proper cocking tube gap your bolt gap could be false. I had a Cetme rifle that I thought had a bolt gap of 10 thousandths but it turned out to be a false gap the rifle actually had no true bolt gap the end of the bolt carrier was resting on the cocking mechanism stopping the bolt before it closed all the way.

Good luck with your rifle! I was able to get a Century Cetme running great and in spec with the help of the guys over there. With a little tinkering the Century Cetmes can be really great rifles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts