HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the shop today and they have a Cetme G3 for sale for $650. It comes with 8 mags and is listed as used. I dunno a whole lot about these rifles, but it seemed to be in pretty good condition. I was wondering if any of you guys think this is a good deal or should I stop wetting my pants and pass on it?

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
Free advice

Due to the questionable quality control with the Cetme clones I would suggest you save a little more money and buy a JLD PTR, or a FMP type Hk. You should be able to get into something decent for ~1k.

HTH

·
Registered
57 Posts
wolf , that price is about right, but the bad thing is does it shoot ? you might be it, with asking the owner of the shop if you dont like it you can bring it back?

and if that dont work, and you do buy it, you can always get a new recevier.

or save your pennis and get a new PTR-91

·
Registered
67 Posts
wolf thts a lil high i`ve picked up the last two of mine for 500 ..but you wanna be careful i`d check the bolt gap out on it first

·
Registered
886 Posts
+1 check the bore condition and bolt gap, these are fun to fix up when they were $350 to $400. At $650 a PTR maybe something to look at.

There are 2 excepetions for the Cetme, the very early ones and the very late ones were made on exc condition parts kits and SS cast receivers. It should have an exc bore and a bolt gap of > .012".

Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts