HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know whether the MGW Sight Pro universal sight tool is tall enough to accommodate Elite and Expert target sights? My understanding is that the MGW 312 for USPs is not tall enough. Wondering if the Sight Pro model is. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I changed out sights with a MGW sight pro. Do a search here and you will see some posts on it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Look for posts from TooSixy on the subject. If I remember right you have to remove the firing pin first and then remove the rear sight. Take a look and you will see through the rear sight notch the firing pin spring in the corner.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look for posts from TooSixy on the subject. If I remember right you have to remove the firing pin first and then remove the rear sight. Take a look and you will see through the rear sight notch the firing pin spring in the corner.
Excellent, thanks. I’ll look for these posts. Would have missed the firing pin issue

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Here is some information I got from TooSixy:

Make sure the sight pusher block clears the laterl adjust screw (on the left side of the rear sight) before you drift it in. Otherwise, you'll risk damaging the screw and bending the base in the process.

You DO want to drive the FPB roll-pin all the way out, then drive it back in from the inside of the slide --> outside. If you don't and the punch slips, you won't have to worry about marring the top of the slide.

·
Registered
80 Posts
HK really screwed the pooch with the totally pathetic front sights on my Elite and Expert.
At the very least a white dot would have been nice. The all black just doesn't work.
Terrible front sights make 2 great pistols subpar.

Reactions: GMPHK

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HK really screwed the pooch with the totally pathetic front sights on my Elite and Expert.
At the very least a white dot would have been nice. The all black just doesn't work.
Terrible front sights make 2 great pistols subpar.
Agreed . Anyone know of any front sight with a dot that is exactly the same height as the stock black front sight so you don’t have to change the rear?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Agreed . Anyone know of any front sight with a dot that is exactly the same height as the stock black front sight so you don’t have to change the rear?

The sights my $500.00 Canik TP9SFx are far superior to those on my Elite and Expert.
Maybe a small drop of bright nail polish will make their front sights visible?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts