HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my 40 cal Vector yesterday. This is my first HK style weapon so my learning curve is quite high...

How much freeplay should there be in the charging handle when the bolt is fully closed? Mine has about 1/4" free play with the bolt closed. Looking from the magazine well up it appears that the rollers are fully seated.

Something to be concerned about?

Joe

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
If the gun runs reliably and you can cycle the action by hand without any hang ups, I wouldn't worry about it.

The rifle caliber guns are a different story. Those guns require a certain amount clearance for the camming action to lock/unlock.

·
Registered
364 Posts
It just means the cocking tube is short. It will not mess anything up. If it bugs you to much just swap it out for a SP89 or MP5K cocking tube from Gordon or Adam. It will require a punch and hammer for the roll pin. maybe 1 minute of time.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There should be free play in all of them, You wouldn't want the bolt to hit while it is closing into battery. My 94 has about 1/8 or more free movement before it contacts the bolt.

HTH

Ed

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
It just means the cocking tube is short. It will not mess anything up. If it bugs you to much just swap it out for a SP89 or MP5K cocking tube from Gordon or Adam. It will require a punch and hammer for the roll pin. maybe 1 minute of time.
Unfortunately, Vector did some modifications to their MP5k style guns and the cocking tube support is not the same as a factory HK model. I know this because I made a replacement CTS for a member here as a replacement for their aluminum support. The measurements were different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts