HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a least expensive option for 5.45x39 pistol.
Does anyone know who offers the lowest price?
I don't need a "museum quality" gun... just a plain sear host that runs.
Thanks in advance.:52:

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
An APEX 33 kit, have them substitute an AK-74 barrel for the fluted 223 (they'll do it, axe me how I know) and your halfway there... but so far, we've got no one to flute the barrel chambers. Ghillie is sitting on a bunch of barrels and I have four waiting for Ghillie to find someone. I thought he had someone in line to do the job, but after about a year, I haven't heard any new news. I need four 7.62x25 barrels fluted also... if anyone has any sources.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
An APEX 33 kit, have them substitute an AK-74 barrel for the fluted 223 (they'll do it, axe me how I know) and your halfway there... but so far, we've got no one to flute the barrel chambers. Ghillie is sitting on a bunch of barrels and I have four waiting for Ghillie to find someone. I thought he had someone in line to do the job, but after about a year, I haven't heard any new news. I need four 7.62x25 barrels fluted also... if anyone has any sources.
How about Hart1? I thought he was into that sort of thing.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
He used to... his health has been giving him some problems.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
wasnt everybody freaking out about a 5.45 pistol a while back?

something about ATF and banning AP "handgun" ammo, therefore eliminating the cheap supply of 5.45?

or was that so 2005?

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Any try a 5.45x39 w/o fluted chamber and just setup with a custom locking piece for brass or steel ammo of one type?
I'm sure it's been tried... and just as sure that's why we don't hear about it.

"Hey, you the guy that..."

"Uhhh... no. Don't know what'cher talkin' 'bout."

:biggrin:

·
Banned
58 Posts
The cheapest way is probably an AR pistol. This is a 10.5 inch take down pistol in 5.45x39.

With that type of extension,wouldn't that be considered an SBR since it readily available to have a butt stock put on it? Looks like the standard 4 or 6 position stock extension.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
He used to... his health has been giving him some problems.
Well Rich, alot of us have one problem or another. I just wish I had "another". My treatments messed with my eyes so bad I just couldn't do it anymore and the jig is in the hands of a private collector that want's to remain anonymous.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
I totally understand. I left it like that as I thought you preferred not to have it discussed on an open forum.

Would the private collector be interested in selling the jig? I have enough photos of the jig to reproduce it, but writing a check is easier... PM me.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Any try a 5.45x39 w/o fluted chamber and just setup with a custom locking piece for brass or steel ammo of one type?
My understanding is that flutes are required in rifle calibers because of the pressure of the round. Since a delayed roller blow back system does not actually "lock" the bolt, the flutes equalize the pressure between the inside and outside of the shell. In a delayed roller blow back firearm, since the bolt starts moving rearward as soon as there is pressure inside the shell, without the flutes, the shell will be pressed against the chamber walls. So with the bolt moving rearward and the shell pressed against the chamber walls, the base of the shell will separate. That would not be a good thing IMHO. That would be quite a bit of money to put a pistol together (I think I just spent around $2,300 each for the three 53Ks Jeff built for me) that would probably have the shell rupturing if it was fired.

Rich, if you are going to do some 5.45X39 and some 7.62X25 barrels, please let me know. I want to make a couple of AK74 and PPS-43 pistols using the roller locked system. So the guns would look like Communist Block stuff but I could use my sear to make them run.

Scott

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
I've already cooked up 3 5.45x39 barrels and 4 MP5 type 7.62x25 barrels... I just need to get them fluted.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I've already cooked up 3 5.45x39 barrels and 4 MP5 type 7.62x25 barrels... I just need to get them fluted.
I sure wish I could help you, but I was threatened by a member on this forum who said I would be would turned into the BATFE if I worked on any more HK stuff.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts