HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love all of my HK Pistols, but this is one HK purchase that I’m not very happy with. I bought it in December and use it mainly for log book entry’s or patient care reports when the laptop is not available. It’s hard to believe all of the tarnish that formed in only 2 months.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
If HK teamed up with say for instance MontBlanc and made a actual pen I would buy at least 5 or 6. The pens they have made/sourced out in past have came up way under expectations for a company that has built their reputation on high quality.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My daughter bought me one for Christmas and it looks just as bad!!! I rarely use it because I'm embarrased.
Chinese garbage!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My daughter bought me one for Christmas and it looks just as bad!!! I rarely use it because I'm embarrased.
Chinese garbage!
I am going back to the good old county issued Bic until I can find a suitable replacement because of the same type of embracement. I have also heard this from my girl “That’s an awesome pen; it really looks like it was worth the $30.”

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Hey carnie. Where do you EMS at? I'm an I-85 in SC.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
It’s hard to believe all of the tarnish that formed in only 2 months.
It is hard to tell from looking at the picture, but is it tarnish or is the finish coming off? It looks like a plating that is flaking off.

If it is just tarnish, good news, get some Brasso to polish it and it will look like new again. I use it on my brass buckles to keep them protected and looking new.

Walmart.com: Brasso Multipurpouse Metal Polish, 8 oz: Household Essentials

Best,

TC

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey carnie. Where do you EMS at? I'm an I-85 in SC.
I'm a Firemedic 3 in the Tampa Bay area. I use to work in an area where there were a lot of seasonal carnival folk so hence the name Carniemedic. Forgive me I’m kind of locked into my little world down here what is the I-85 designation?

It is hard to tell from looking at the picture, but is it tarnish or is the finish coming off? It looks like a plating that is flaking off.

If it is just tarnish, good news, get some Brasso to polish it and it will look like new again. I use it on my brass buckles to keep them protected and looking new.

Walmart.com: Brasso Multipurpouse Metal Polish, 8 oz: Household Essentials

Best,
I was thinking of something like Brasso but it just frustrates me to think that it would be almost a weekly chore to keep it looking good. I would have thought that they would have put some type of protective lacquer coting over it to prevent this.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
what is the I-85 designation?
QUOTE]
I'm an Intermediate 85. I can start lines and push D50 but that's about it. I'm about to take a bridge course to be an I99 which will give me first line cardiac and Narcan along with a couple other drugs.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have had a couple of those since the early 1980's and they still look new.
I bought one from that time period also. Still looks like new but I'm looking for a replacement ink barrel that will fit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what is the I-85 designation?
QUOTE]
I'm an Intermediate 85. I can start lines and push D50 but that's about it. I'm about to take a bridge course to be an I99 which will give me first line cardiac and Narcan along with a couple other drugs.
We don’t have intermediates in my county just EMT-B and EMT-P and we have to be duel certified as firefighters too. I guess that’s why the I-85 designation threw me. Good luck on your bridge!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Thanks Carnie!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts