Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have already ordered mine!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I knew that when I got into this HK-thing it wouldn't be cheap.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'll just have mine lasered locally for much less.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow, $80 more for a laser etched logo.
My thoughts exactly. It's a flashlight. When it's neccessary to use it, the logo isn't going to be seen (it's dark, duh). When not in use that .little logo isn't going to do anything but remind me it cost $80. I'll gladly pass. not THAT much of a HK freak.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ebay ones are probably guys who find out that someone would pay a ridiculous amount of money laser etching a $110 Surefire E2D, and just laser etch the logo themselves. While not legal, but easily done.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
In a few weeks it will be on the HK-Web store USA. Due to the fluctuating dollar market between the US dollar and the Euro, I am going to wait to see how it is priced to sell in the USA. You may find that the $80 difference is mostly gone by that time. It remains an $80 premium for the HK logo, well, all I can say is I was born at night but it wasn't last night.
I think it will be cheaper though when sold in the USA store. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it (for now).

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
lol, as if surefire wasn't charging enough for their lights. heck, i wouldn't even put the surefire logo on the x200.
Just my opinion, but Surefire lights are worth every penny. In 15 years in LE I have used alot of different lights. Surefire has proven to be the lights (small hand held/tac lights) I trust the most. Yeah, their prices are steep, especially on their weapon mounted lights, but in my experience they put out a huge amount of light and always work.. I have used other brands and been disapointed... again just my opinion..

Am I going to run out and buy the light of the European site, no, I am going to take Big Bore's advice, heck he is usually right....

·
Registered
423 Posts
Unless they are being engraved in Germany I'm not sure what the Euro Dollar has to do with it as the Surefire isn't even leaving the country. Just alot more money for the name.

·
Registered
47 Posts
RE: HK SUREFIRE

We'll have to hide and watch on this one. While the Surefire is US Made, I believe the goods purchased off the EU site are shipped from Germany...as was the case when I bought a couple of Lamy pens, towels, mugs, etc. As far as Surefire, EXXXPENSIVE... HELL YES, but WORTH IT? CERTAINLY. I've got one of the original U2 Ultra lights and to see the quality is to be amazed. Yes, you need a good supply of batteries, but the surefire lights, WILL dazzle. HK Logo on the E2D, many of us will buy one, many will wait, some will miss... at the end of the day it's what you are into... Me, I like the good stuff. So it may cost a bit more, but you DO get what you pay for. Beware of ebay deals though...if it looks too good to be true, it most likely is. They can do fake everything on there...and you can't tell. Personally, I don't think there will be that many on ebay...no real authentic ones. Kinda like the Lamy Accent HK pens, MP7 mugs..etc. Sorry guys but I have to vote for the real thing on this one. Just my 2 cents

G

·
Just my opinion, but Surefire lights are worth every penny. In 15 years in LE I have used alot of different lights. Surefire has proven to be the lights (small hand held/tac lights) I trust the most. Yeah, their prices are steep, especially on their weapon mounted lights, but in my experience they put out a huge amount of light and always work.. I have used other brands and been disapointed... again just my opinion..

Am I going to run out and buy the light of the European site, no, I am going to take Big Bore's advice, heck he is usually right....
i can certainly respect your opinions on surefire. however, there are just as good, if not better lights for far less than 250 dollars. i hate to always use my TLR1 as the comparison but it has proven to be the most effective and affordable light on the market in my experiences. it runs longer, is just as durable, carries the same warantee and has a very reputable company backing their product.

dont get me wrong, surefires are great fantastic lights. heck, ive owned several high end surefires myself and can not disagree or argue their quality. but IMO the x200 is still alittle over priced for what you get and i am saying this on experience. they could improve alot on their runtime specs.

i think they finally got it right with the x300, much better runtime and output than previous models.

·
Registered
381 Posts
In a few weeks it will be on the HK-Web store USA. Due to the fluctuating dollar market between the US dollar and the Euro, I am going to wait to see how it is priced to sell in the USA. You may find that the $80 difference is mostly gone by that time. It remains an $80 premium for the HK logo, well, all I can say is I was born at night but it wasn't last night.
I think it will be cheaper though when sold in the USA store. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it (for now).
My thoughts as well are pretty much in agreement with Big Bore. I would feel pretty dumb ordering it only to find it cheaper in the US store. I would like one as I love HK and their gear but I dont know if it is worth the premuim for it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts