HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, is there much of a shooting scene in Chicago?

Where are the best places to go, and what sort of goodies can you rent?

·
Registered
109 Posts
chicago

unless your LE, Chicagos shooting sucks. There is always a 50 mile drive pretty much in a radius to have a good shoot. Try the wisconsin border or northwest indiana

shawn

·
Registered
381 Posts
There is a lot of shooting going on in Chicago. Its just not by lawful gunowners.

I am from the Southwest suburbs. There are a few good shops but the majority of the gunshops and ranges have been chased out by Mayor Daley and the politics of Chicago and Cook County.

If you want to find a good gun shop check out http://www.megasportsfirearms.com/

You will have to go outside the general area to find a shooting scene.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info.

So basically no ranges within public transport distance that allows civilians to rent guns and shoot?

·
Registered
109 Posts
handguns only

mega sports in plainfield illinois- just north of 55 0n route 30

·
Registered
347 Posts
I live about 2 miles from Megasports. The prices on the guns is a little on the high side but they do have a super nice range (pistol caliber only).

If anyone wants to meet up there for some shooting send me a PM...

·
Registered
878 Posts
I was there two weeks ago with hk94, ca40, sp-10 and a storm. had a great time. only live 30 min away. would be nice to get a group to go.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I live about 2 miles from Megasports. The prices on the guns is a little on the high side but they do have a super nice range (pistol caliber only).

If anyone wants to meet up there for some shooting send me a PM...
if anyone wants to try to get together, we should see what it would take to rent the range for the night. depending on the policy that would be a good time. i am about 20 minutes south of there. let me know if we have anyone who has the actual ambition to set it up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just came back from megasports a few hours ago. Ammo prices are a bit nutty, but great range.

In the summers, there's an IDPA or USPSA event almost every weekend. Check out Oak Park, Howell, NPCCC, Pine Tree.

·
Registered
183 Posts
i goto maxon shooter supply in desplaines. i'm usually the only asian person there so step up and say hi!

i shoot a USP 9mm fullsize
Maxon's is having a "Combat Shoot" this coming Monday, february 11th, but it's more of an IPSC practice night with 2 courses of fire.

This month will feature a Texas Star (five 8" plates on a rotating spindle... shoot one plate off, the center of gravity shifts, causing the plates to move, sometimes spin full rotations. It's tough to hit remaining plates ... yet fun!)
You just need a holster, 3 magazines, Eye & ear protection, etc.

PM me for more details if you're interested.

I'll be shooting my HK USPf 40

1 - 20 of 26 Posts