HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new HK45c about a week and a half ago, cleaned it real good after buying it and everything looked tip top, today was the first day I got to take it to the range and it shot beautiful, didn't fire a lot of rounds through it about 60 or so, got it home stripped the gun and while cleaning it I noticed a small chip on the back of the slide close to the slide channel. doesen't look like it will hurt anything and it is fairly small. Not sure 100% if it was there before and I just didn't notice it but if it not it may have happened at the range today I guess. Just kinda bothers me now that my expensive brand new HK firearm now has a flaw.

Just wondering if anyone else has had a issue like this and if I should just leave it as is? or should I contact H&K and see what they suggest to do?? thanks for any input and I love this gun it shoots like a dream and had zero issues at the range.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Looks like someone dinged the slide on reassembly to me. Touch it up with some bluing or a sharpie. No big deal. Keep on shooting it.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Check the sear axle and make sure it sits flush against the right side of the frame. Maybe that's what hitting your slide.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Check the sear axle and make sure it sits flush against the right side of the frame. Maybe that's what hitting your slide.
this couldn't happen while firing, but could happen in reassembly. i doubt it though if its gonna make such a chip. if it starts rusting, i'd HK a call... especially the gun was bought new.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know I might be nit picking for some, it just kinda bothers me wear like this would happen after one time shooting. I don't see how it could have happened shooting either, I am extremely careful with firearms especially when they are new expensive or not I take care of all my guns, I clean them on a rubber mat, and noticed this as I was reassembling the gun, I was lubricating the inside of the slide a little before putting back on frame and noticed a sharp edge where you could see the metal though the bluing. As long as it won't affect the performance of my gun since its my carry gun, I'm not going to make a huge deal over it I understand its a tool and guns will show signs of wear and tear with use and this isn't a collector gold plated 1911 or something, its a combat pistol. Just the fact that its so new and now it has a ugly flaw is the kicker. It's a German model as well, so I'm sure their is a possibility if i did have to get it replaced or something I would most likely receive a US made Slide and then all the serial numbers would be different as well affecting resell value.

thanks for the input guys still debating on what I should do.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
If I recall correctly, I saw someone else get a new slide from HK which had no serial number on it. Since the frame still had the serial and that is the actual firearm, they just didn't put one on the new slide. I think that's better than having two different ones. I would buy a used gun that had a slide with no serial number on it, it's differernt.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called HK customer service, I was told to e-mail some pictures to better show the problem but they won't be able to determine anything before sending the gun into them which is understandable. My concerns are if they decide to replace the slide I will get one without a serial number, and also not another German import slide, which I would both like to keep. So what would you do if those are my two options?? Keep the slide with the small chip and matching serial numbers and German Proof marks? or a new slide with no chips and potentially no serial and/or Proof Marks ?

not trying to be too picky but its still practically brand new only 60 rounds have been fired through it and I want to keep it as original as possible and basically I bought this exact gun for a reason. thanks guys

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
If it were me, I would get the return authorization info. and send it to them for evaluation. Send the pictures as well. If they agree it should be replaced, ask for a new pistol, period. I do not know if their policies have changed but back when the P2000 model came out, I got one which developed a thin spot in the finish the size of a pencil eraser on the slide. I notified them and waited until another cleaning before sending it to them, just to be sure. It got worse and I sent it to them. Within two weeks they notified me they were sending me a new pistol. I didn't even have to ask. I hope it works out to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know how you feel, Seems like I've had bad luck with guns lately my last carry which was not a HK had some FTF issues and light primer strikes so I bought the BEST pistol on the market for ccw in my opinion the HK45c and after getting the exact gun I want and after shooting it and loving it even more I run into this issue. I will let you know what happens thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
still waiting to hear back from HK, just wondering if I should try contacting them again or should I give them a few more days?

·
Registered
866 Posts
You are the customer supporting their products by purchasing them. So the prices we supporters pay, I would expect excellent CS which I believe you will receive. I would call again Hk will fix it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts