HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about a Choate folding stock on a PTR 32 (7.62 x 39) how do these stocks do on HK 91s or their clones? How many rounds does the rubber buffer usually last before needing replacement? Any issues with the 32?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you are talking about the mp5 Choate folding stock , it isn't designed for that application. the ptr 32s are the same backend as a 91. And the recoil rod is built into the rear sheet metal back cap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are talking about the mp5 Choate folding stock , it isn't designed for that application. the ptr 32s are the same backend as a 91. And the recoil rod is built into the rear sheet metal back cap.
This is for the version listed as made for the 91 rifles, on Choate's site (tho I didn't mention that-everywhere I went they were listed seperately from the mp5 choate folders). It fits to the back of the original backplate/black cap, with a hard rubber(?) buffer replacing the original metal buffer in the stock. The recoil rod is still there on the original ptr 32 back cap.

They were on sale at Numrich so I thought to grab one, though the one I got was missing a sling attachment. I was able to replace that though. The rubber buffers are described as wearing out, I was curious if there was any amount of rounds they were known to last.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts