HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have a bunch of standard c93 stocks and 3 choate folders so decided to do some crazy lab work. I have heard some in the community mentioned that these folders were not designed for 93 (adam told me this) and so they tend to crack the plastic if not using the rubber peice. If using the rubber piece the buffer will chew the crap out of the plastic and then you will have to order another one. So I took the century stock and chopped of the end nearest the rifle and took out the plate. I then drilled two holes to allow the choate hex screws to go through thus allowing it to be locked onto the folder. Then I grinded of the metal all around the plate. Removed some material from the back side so it sits further away from the buffer and the end result is good it locks up good and seems to be solid. I have a question though and thats if this will not harm the rifle at all and hope I can get some answers. Thanks for reading hope to hear from yall. :100000:

·
Registered
485 Posts
It would appear that the bolt carrier may hit the upper cap screw unless there is clearance for it and the buffer won't cushion the bolt carrier. Not sure if there is a recess in the bolt carrer for that top screw or not. Or maybe the cap screw is in a counter bored hole. Can't rememember what the rear of the buffer looks like on the 93. I would have tried to see what happens with the Choate supplied buffer. Choate will replace their buffer for free if it disentegrates.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would appear that the bolt carrier may hit the upper cap screw unless there is clearance for it and the buffer won't cushion the bolt carrier. Not sure if there is a recess in the bolt carrer for that top screw or not. Or maybe the cap screw is in a counter bored hole. Can't rememember what the rear of the buffer looks like on the 93. I would have tried to see what happens with the Choate supplied buffer. Choate will replace their buffer for free if it disentegrates.
Your are correct the screw would hit it thanks much as I did not notice that to well lol. I am doing this becuase I replaced 3 choate rubber buffers as the .223 round destroys the crap out of it as I belive it was for a 9mm round? Anyways adam said that they were not designed for it and so I wanted to have make a cheap one for my brothers c93. The standard stock buffer had a counter bolt and would have weakened the structure to much if removed. So what I did was just create a recess with my dremel tool as that is all i have. Im thinking it will work well for its purpose unless anyways states otherwise which I hope not =).

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its crude as heck but gonna try it out tonight. The ugly factor will be hidden when its on the rifle so dont really care much.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Good luck, hope it works!!!

·
Registered
485 Posts
If the cap screw is as thick as the rubber you still aren't going to get any buffering of the bolt carrier. You'll probably notice heavier recoil. The buffer material is supposed to compress and it will only compress down to where it hits the cap screw. then it's going to start banging the carrier up. I'd check it often.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the cap screw is as thick as the rubber you still aren't going to get any buffering of the bolt carrier. You'll probably notice heavier recoil. The buffer material is supposed to compress and it will only compress down to where it hits the cap screw. then it's going to start banging the carrier up. I'd check it often.
I just removed more and now the screw is way below the plate peice. Should be good now. It now sits oon the same level as the other screw. So shouldnt notice any reocil diffrence now correct? Both screws are basically under the buffer peice.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I'd try firing it and see if you see any marks on the carrier or screw. If none blaze away but keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kk it is way way more stuurdy then the h buffer and still as strong as it origanally was only diffrence is 2 screws in it. The top part is the only part im concerned about as I accidently removed to much material off but it still has more surface area then the h buffer. Will post a range report sometime if it can fire 1000 round with no probs then i know its good lol =).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts