HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well..I was going to put this guy on layaway and pick it up next week but I just couldn't resist and picked it up today. It is really something and I'm glad I ordered it. I literally went from the gun shop to work so I didn't have much time to snap some decent photos. I'm anxious to evaluate it when I get home tonight and hopefully pop off a few rounds tomorrow.

I guess I should invest in a thread protector. Any idea why HK does not provide them with the threaded barrels? The wait is still on for my tax stamp though. I've heard that they are backed up a good 6 months now and the people at the ATF can actually take the packages home with them and work on it, but who knows what they are doing. All I know is I've surpassed 3 months. It's crazy how in '07 it only used to take a few weeks to get it back.

Anyway..enjoy the pics. I know they are not the greatest quality so stay tuned. I know the one downfall is it is not a true HK since it was not made in Germany. I really wanted a German HK45. It is hit or miss I guess. Oh well. I still love it. She was made this year..date code BB. It will be next to big brother MK 23 tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
CONGRATS!!!

You have two months or so more on the old wait time, but it'll be there soon enough! The NFA examiners do take their work home. Does your barrel serial number match the gun?

Your HK is as real as it gets bro, thats how they all are going to be from now on; so don't fret it. It'll run like a dream!

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Man, that is nice! When I called HK back in the day and asked why they didn't provide nor even make a thread protector, they said because it is not needed. If you think of how the threads could get damaged beyond repair, it is only from dropping. Now look at how the slide and barrel relate to each other as you place the end of the barrel on a countertop. In any orientation the slide and barrel both contact the surface, the threads are not able to touch. It seems the only way to damage the threads would be to intentionally grind away at them....

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2 more months is torture but what can ya do? I will let you know about the barrel when I get home. I know they are basically one in the same and if what you say is true then I guess it isn't that bad. At least I am helping the economy grow with purchasing guns haha. I used my stimulus money to buy a Walther back in '08.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nothin like getting a new gun, especially a hard to find one. Im curious as to what the sigh picture looms like abd wheter those sights are enough to see over a can. They look rather streamlined. My only caveat with the hk45c is the elephant foot mag plate! Wtf was hk thinkin!? But a sexy gun none the less

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Is the HK45CT a real thing? Does it say CT on the slide? I havent heard of any of these out there yet.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No. It doesn't not say Tactical on the pistol but everyone assumes it is because of the threaded barrel. I really need to get home and look over this pistol more. It appears as though mine was originally a compact and "someone" just swapped in a threaded barrel. I don't appear to have the higher sights.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yea its the real deal. It just came a month or two ago. The way you can tell its real and not a gun thats put together is the rectangular rear sight. It doesn not have the tactical designation on it anywhere

·
Registered
281 Posts
Ive seen other pics of these and none of them have higher sights. Its always that rectangular rear sight which i have yet to see on any gun parts site. From ever other source i know of, you got the real mccoy

·
Registered
281 Posts
Those are definately taller yhan the stock hk45 series sights. Maybe not as big of a difference as the usp/usp tac sights but definately taller. They seem to have taken the streamlined approach that sig did with their factory supressor sights

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Man, that is nice! When I called HK back in the day and asked why they didn't provide nor even make a thread protector, they said because it is not needed. If you think of how the threads could get damaged beyond repair, it is only from dropping. Now look at how the slide and barrel relate to each other as you place the end of the barrel on a countertop. In any orientation the slide and barrel both contact the surface, the threads are not able to touch. It seems the only way to damage the threads would be to intentionally grind away at them....
I never noticed that. Very interesting indeed but well thought out.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I saw in on gb i think it was with the higher sights. And on here somewhere there is a pdf of hk's 2012 product lineup andd it has those sights

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.