HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does HK make a G36 semi-auto (SF) only that is sold to civilian's in any country?

·
Registered
1 Posts
That would be the SL8.
The G36 is military/law enforcement only normally (although I understand you can obtain these in some american states - americans, help me out here!), so if you refer to outer appearance, not the internals, or semi-auto ONLY the answer is no.

STEELEYE

[This message has been edited by Steeleye (edited 09-13-2001).]

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,292 Posts
NO HK G-36 semi's allowed in any civilians hands here in the United States.

Anyone one who has one is in violation of Federal Law.

G-36's are only allowed for Law-Enforcement SRT, SWAT, STOP, COUNTER TERRORIST, & Military Units here in the United States.

The SL-8 is the closest you can get.

[This message has been edited by RyanH&K21EOwner (edited 09-14-2001).]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in total agreement with Ed, I also live in Canada & work at a gun shop, and have never seen a factory semi-auto G36 or UMP. I have hosted a training course with full-auto G36 rifles & UMP's, but have yet to see a single semi-auto in private hands. As for US sales to Canada, no such animal, as the rules set out between the Canadian & American distributor do not allow such exchanges to occur - also the US state department will not issue the permits, as you must provide a end-users certificate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I live in Europe, 1½h flight away from HK factory. I have licenses for what in USA would be called SBR or Class 3 ? Short barrel rifles. I have my closet full of silencers and Beta C-mags and "military" lasers, several USPs and few AR15's, one with 10" barrel. I have been looking for G36K actively all over the world for a year now...

...no luck.
EU federal government (which Germany and my government are part of) says I am allowed to have Semi-auto G36K, my government says I am allowed to have one, German government says I am allowed to buy one. But HK "Fuhrer" says : "No, we do not allow you to have one."

NO HK G-36 semi's allowed in any civilians hands here in the United States.
Anyone one who has one is in violation of Federal Law.
G-36's are only allowed for Law-Enforcement SRT, SWAT, STOP, COUNTER TERRORIST, & Military Units here in the United States.
Actually it's HK does not allow law abiding civilians to have G36 anywhere in the world.
Only governmental agencies, military (any military, both sides of wars) and last but certainly not least MERCENARY GROUPS.

... So I am EX-HK fan now.
I just bought LWRC rifle, I guess LWRC M6 is soon out selling HK416, if it is not already.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Does HK make a G36 semi-auto (SF) only that is sold to civilian's in any country?
A G36 with an FBI trigger group is exactly that, a semi-auto G36. Of the many reasons why they are prohibited from civillian ownership is the receiver. The SL8 and the G36 receivers differ internally in that an F/A bolt-carrier will not fit into an SL8 receiver. If you were to aquire a semi-auto G36, all you would have to do is simply replace the pistol grip wil a select-fire grip and WHALA! insta-machine gun... and insta-prision-time :)

The SL8 is the closest thing you'll find/get for civillian use that is, at it's core, a G36. Why didn't they simply take the G36 receiver and mfg it with so an F/A receiver would not fit? Simple... LEGISLATION. I won't get into the all the specifics, but if you carefully read the GCA, specifically as it pertains to imports, it will be come apparently complex as to ALL the reason why. In a nutshell (for the U.S.) is has to do with magazine capacity, collapsible stock and flash hider... all of which are not necessary for a rifle for "sporting" purpose.

·
Registered
914 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
There are a few SA UMPs in Canada and a few SA MP7s almost made their way to Canada through a film company. A search here would show both of these. I haven't heard of any SA G36s though, and the SA UMPs were EXPENSIVE and almost impossible to get.

·
Registered
1 Posts
NECROPOST:

They love their Hk?s over in Idaho | Notes From The Bunker

This seems odd! Is he implying that this was imported as a semi auto civilian legal gun? I know there are some G36P's in Canada that can only fire Semi Auto. I'm wondering if this is one of those.
I'm implying no such thing. The story I was told was that these were trade-ins from an East Coast agency. They were indeed semi-auto only, but, and this is the story I was told so take it with a grain of salt, the receivers are the same as the FA receivers so even though they are SA they have to transfer as a LE-only gun. However, the guy thought that he might be able to get an exemption or waiver or some nonsense like that. He said if it turned out they could only go to police letterhead, then it was $1200 ea. but if they could be transferred as a regular semiauto no different than an AR or 10/22 then the price jumped up to about $10k.

He also received, prolly from the same outfit, a large amount of semi-auto only MP5's that were in the same legal boat. Those he stripped for parts, torched the receivers, made new receivers, put back together, and sold for about $2k ea.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'm implying no such thing. The story I was told was that these were trade-ins from an East Coast agency. They were indeed semi-auto only, but, and this is the story I was told so take it with a grain of salt, the receivers are the same as the FA receivers so even though they are SA they have to transfer as a LE-only gun. However, the guy thought that he might be able to get an exemption or waiver or some nonsense like that. He said if it turned out they could only go to police letterhead, then it was $1200 ea. but if they could be transferred as a regular semiauto no different than an AR or 10/22 then the price jumped up to about $10k.

He also received, prolly from the same outfit, a large amount of semi-auto only MP5's that were in the same legal boat. Those he stripped for parts, torched the receivers, made new receivers, put back together, and sold for about $2k ea.
Uh don't do business with him, he's going to send someone to federal prison for a long time and quickly follow them.

·
Registered
414 Posts
That semi lower comes with a FA sear/safety sear installed and the bolt is also a FA bolt. It's odd as it serves no useful purpose in a semi.

·
Registered
771 Posts
How the hell are these non restricted in canada? Mind you they are 8 grand

·
Registered
914 Posts
How the hell are these non restricted in canada? Mind you they are 8 grand
I dunno! I've seen a few pictures that you Canadians posted on here of your g36's with semi auto packs, and not conversions!

·
Registered
771 Posts
I dunno! I've seen a few pictures that you Canadians posted on here of your g36's with semi auto packs, and not conversions!
There is like 10 or so like very few, but there are a couple legit g36s in here. SCARS are prohib yet this isn't. Our laws make no sense

·
Registered
914 Posts
There is like 10 or so like very few, but there are a couple legit g36s in here. SCARS are prohib yet this isn't. Our laws make no sense
Hahaha! I know! Like how you guys can have thirty round mags but can only have 5 rounds in it at a time? WTF, lol.

So, just curious, you're allowed to own a legit G36 there?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hahaha! I know! Like how you guys can have thirty round mags but can only have 5 rounds in it at a time? WTF, lol.

So, just curious, you're allowed to own a legit G36 there?
Yes the g36 full size is classified as non restricted. If you find one for sale you can buy it. Different frt number from sl8.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Ok so what are the "not readily convertible to FA" features of the SL8 then? If it's the lack of a cutout like the USC, in Canada what are the FA restrictions?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Ok so what are the "not readily convertible to FA" features of the SL8 then? If it's the lack of a cutout like the USC, in Canada what are the FA restrictions?
You arent allowed a full auto. The end. The g36 up here have the fbi semi auto lower. Our classifications of rifles are a joke. Non restricted means you can take it hunting to ramge everything really. Restricted is range and competition only. Prohibited is you arent allowed to posses it period. There is a prohib license for grandfathered guns but it basically means you can legally have it but not do anything with it. Everything fa is automatically prohib. Any semi auto under 18.5 inch barrel is automatically restricted, anything sub 26 inch oal is prohib.oh and suppressors are prohib. And all ar15 variants are restricted.

All handguns are restricted.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts