HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never bothered to look much into this, but are we allowed to do Class 3 stuff.......like SBRing a rifle? I always figured it was a big NO since everything else is that way in this state. Just looking for confirmation

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've never bothered to look much into this, but are we allowed to do Class 3 stuff.......like SBRing a rifle? I always figured it was a big NO since everything else is that way in this state. Just looking for confirmation
You are correct about the SBR' aspect. While you can legally do it with the feds, Illinois plays killjoy and says no......... Hate to be the bearer of bad news.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Class 3

No SBR
No Silencer
We can still have Hi cap mags and 50cal

·
Registered
17 Posts
That was what I thought, but it always kind of confused me that the class 3 registration is federal.
Yeah, the feds will allow you to have them (after paying the appropriate "fees") but our illustrious leaders in Chicagoland know whats better for their "people".............

The only sad thing, is that it's actually better here than in NY !!:(

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, the feds will allow you to have them (after paying the appropriate "fees") but our illustrious leaders in Chicagoland know whats better for their "people".............

The only sad thing, is that it's actually better here than in NY !!:(
And to be completely honest I am almost glad that this is the case; since I would hate to think how much more I would spend on SBR's and supressors if I were able to.

·
Registered
109 Posts
And to be completely honest I am almost glad that this is the case; since I would hate to think how much more I would spend on SBR's and supressors if I were able to.
hmmmmmmmmm bite your tongue! I would have to sell all of the guns that just look at me when i leave the house, you know like a puppy who wants to go for a walk. Yeah sell them to buy a sear or to get the 51' sbr, maybe the 94, nah the krinkovs. why all these bad thoughts. look what you did pointblank. hmm to dream! **** back to reality, i better put the blindfold back on and hang upside down in the closet taking ak-47s apart while my 7 year old daughter times me.

thought i would bring a little smurk to your guys face

shawn

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hmmm...

No SBR
No Silencer
We can still have Hi cap mags and 50cal
So what's the deal on the 50 cals? I heard rumor back in the day that governor "Blow-a-b!tch" was wanting to take the 50 cals away from us. I take it never went through? Oh, and pointblank4445, we are still one of the top 10 communist states in this country, so no fun for us. I don't understand why shortening my barrels are dangerous. Maybe because recoil and muzzle control is worse w/out that extra barrel weight? (and yes, i'm being facetious)
:490:

kevin

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So what's the deal on the 50 cals? I heard rumor back in the day that governor "Blow-a-b!tch" was wanting to take the 50 cals away from us. I take it never went through? Oh, and pointblank4445, we are still one of the top 10 communist states in this country, so no fun for us. I don't understand why shortening my barrels are dangerous. Maybe because recoil and muzzle control is worse w/out that extra barrel weight? (and yes, i'm being facetious)
:490:

kevin

Yeah, I remember reading some of those proposals and the way they were written in their "legalese", they would have encompassed any long gun with a bore larger than a half inch...........including shotguns. Well, that just plain wasn't going to happen, and I haven't heard anything about it since.

·
Registered
17 Posts
50 Cal.

Kevin

Yeah that piece of legislation (HB2414) was actually written by an ex-Chicago cop (Representative Aceveado). He is part of the Cook Co. Political Machine. It was aprt of that whole "Assault Weapons Ban" nonsense.

PointBlank4445: Sad thing is that it will rear it's ugly head again...... This is not the 1st time it has been proposed, and the previous time it came damn close to passing. Only a handful of votes shy.....

If we are not vigilant, they might succeed one time. Just like criminals, they only have to get lucky once !!

Andrew

·
Registered
188 Posts
frustrating because I really wanted a silencer for home protection.

my wife losing her hearing because of some crackhead pisses me off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts