HKPRO Forums banner

Claw on POF5

832 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  fargo007 
#1 ·
Anyone tried the claw mount on a POF5? Mine is super tight, so tight I chickened out snapping it on, didn't want to break anything.
If the claw doesn't fit right how do other mounts fit?

#2 ·
I put together a G3 kit with a flat. Same issue, the claw mount was super tight due to the ORF rec.

Is it an HK mount or after market?

If it's HK I'm going to say the receiver is out of spec. I've had numerous claw mounts that have had signs that the locking tabs have been "filed to fit". I personally don't recommend doing that only for the sake that if you want to use for something else down the road it may not fit. You have to admit I'm sure when HK supplied mounts they didn't expect the end user to have to adjust the mount to fit their guns.

Back to my kit build. For me it wasn't an issue to rework the tabs for my application. The mount was in rough shape when I got it but it worked out perfect for the battlefield pick up look I was going for.

#3 ·
Thanks, 21. This is an HK mount. It fits tight on my V93 receiver too, just not as tight. And it fit my SAR8 nicely.
There's no way I'm going to grind on the mount, if it doesn't fit the receiver then so be it, I'll use something else.

#4 ·
I have a Hensoldt Model 1 that is an EXTREMELY tight fit on my HK91. ALL parts are German. So even the factory stuff can be a pain now and then.

#6 ·
The pic rail mounts go on with four adjustment screws/bolts that engage the receiver tabs individually instead of all at once like the claw.

This provides some leeway to deal with those variances.

Having used both I think the picatinny rail mount is a superior choice for practical purposes but I understand that there may be times when you want the claw for original/historic appearance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.