HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some tips and useful tools to use to clean the 91's fluted chamber.

Can't even see in there...

What have you found to work best?

Thanks.

·
Banned
36 Posts
Never use acetone use Hoppe 9 keroene base.

As they say it, Hoppes 9 has been helping firearm owners take care of their precious hunting toys since 1903. There is a good reason why we are still talking about Hoppes gun grease more than 100 years after. To understand why this is the case, let get into depth about what makes Hoppes 9 such a dear to gun owners.

Deep And Rapid Penetration:
There are those parts of a gun that are not easy to reach. At times, you can totally miss them when cleaning your rifle. However, with Hoppes gun oil you never leave any part unattended. The oil deeply penetrates into the crevices and hidden parts of your gun. The penetration happens as soon as you use this oil. Once you are done, you are sure that every part of your firearm is lubricated and ready to bring home the hunting prize.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I use a M16 chamber brush with some BREAK FREE on it, do a few in and outs and rotations, then blast the chamber with brake/carb cleaner to flush out the carbon and gunk, then I call it a day.

easy peasy lemon squeezy, no fuss no muss :)

·
Registered
452 Posts
Never use acetone use Hoppe 9 keroene base.

As they say it, Hoppes 9 has been helping firearm owners take care of their precious hunting toys since 1903. There is a good reason why we are still talking about Hoppes gun grease more than 100 years after. To understand why this is the case, let get into depth about what makes Hoppes 9 such a dear to gun owners.

Deep And Rapid Penetration:
There are those parts of a gun that are not easy to reach. At times, you can totally miss them when cleaning your rifle. However, with Hoppes gun oil you never leave any part unattended. The oil deeply penetrates into the crevices and hidden parts of your gun. The penetration happens as soon as you use this oil. Once you are done, you are sure that every part of your firearm is lubricated and ready to bring home the hunting prize.
Are you autistic, you have a advert for oil in your reply, do you oil your chambers? That will do bad things.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was expecting it would be necessary to use some type of brush that was larger than the bore dia. in order to clean the junk out of the flutes in the chamber.

Not the case?

·
Registered
325 Posts
it helps to have a brush that is just slightly larger then the chamber diameter to get into the "flutes" and loosen and dislodge the carbon that is in there, I use either a M16 chamber brush or a 9mm/.45 bore brush to get in the chamber

·
Registered
325 Posts
yes they do, but why spend 20+ bucks when most everyone who have guns will have a AR, 9mm, .45 and will have brushes for those? that will do the same thing, to loosen and dislodged carbon

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
it's open thread, anyone can respond to anyone else's post.
OP has a 3K+ gun and you jump on a member for suggesting he buy a $20 part to maintain his gun?

OP, I've worn out some .45 brushes on chambers. Just buy the flute brush and be done with it, I just use CLP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OP has a 3K+ gun and you jump on a member for suggesting he buy a $20 part to maintain his gun?

OP, I've worn out some .45 brushes on chambers. Just buy the flute brush and be done with it, I just use CLP.
Ha - I wish!

I have a clone - PTR91- and not an actual HK91.

I didn't realize there was an actual chamber brush, and would spend the money to get one if it's that much better than other options.

I'll have to look into it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have .45 brushes, so I'll give that a try first. If it doesn't work that well I'll probably go for a dedicated chamber brush, but the HKParts 91 brush is a bit pricey at $26 + shipping.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
325 Posts
now that would be great option, those kits have everything need to clean a gun, and don't cost that much .......beats paying 26 bucks for just one brush

·
Registered
30 Posts
Well the brush is a must have for cleaning The chamber flutes on a G3/91 Style Firearm Will Cease to extract properly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts