HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cleaning accessories. Any ideas or tips for making the cleaning job on a HK93 any easier. The AR15 has a tube to keep the cleaning rod straight from the rear of the receiver. Does the HK have something like that? What kind of brush do you use on the inside of the receiver? Anything else?

Please list suppliers or websites where some of this stuff can be purchased.

Also do you guys have a link where you can find a manual on how and where to lube a HK93. I know they like the chamber area dry. If not can you describe where to put CLP, oil, grease, etc. and where to NOT but it!

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
+1 on E&L manufacturing. Really, any .223 cleaning kit will work fine, but E&L has the chamber cleaning brush that a standard kit will not.

And yes, there are support rods for cleaning your HK93. But they're totally unnecessary. The rod bends a little - so what? It won't break. I've used the same cleaning rod for 25 years on everything from .22 rifles to 12 gauge shotguns to .30-06s.

The only thing 'special' about the 93 is the fluted chamber, and the E&L chamber brush will take care of that.

I will say this though - a lot of the new kits come with brass cleaning jags instead of the needle-eye adapter to swab with patches. I really like them, if you get a new kit, look for one with the jags.

Here's a link to a pdf manual for the 93 - you can save it if you like. (Google is your friend!) http://stevespages.com/pdf/hk_93.pdf

·
Registered
407 Posts
GZire, if you have access to alum tube and can do the chamber step youseff, I'll be glad to just send the two piece a uhm dubya.

C Kid, I only drilled out one to .5" and sent it to the Stubbicat, I'll make more.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Thanks a lot convert53! That cleaning tube made a huge difference in the swabing out of my 91. I really like to use a patch to see how clean/dirty the barrel is. When I use a jag with a patch the rod used to bend and clank around inside the receiver. Nice & smooth now. Keep your eyes open for something in mail.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you are selling these I would be in for one. If not you might think about selling them. Let me know.

Tom

tstafford(@)cox.net

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I want one! I bought one for the 91 from Sinclair but they don't ahve one for the 93. I want one, how much?
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I just recieved one of these for the 223. Tried it in the gun, fits very,very well! I'm glad to have stumbled across this thread, his product is awesome.
Thanks very much! Great product, great price!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts